News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Will there be an abundance or boats (Arima's) for sale soon at bargain prices?

Started by amazing grace, March 29, 2020, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

I am not hoping but have been thinking about this. Not an abundance on the market right now. But in the weeks and months ahead?
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

davidsea

1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Markshoreline

The corona virus is having a significant impact on employment and businesses across the spectrum.  The stock market has already had a severe jolt.  Rough times are in store, unfortunately.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

Doesn't look like it.... Used Arimas are getting hard to find and more valuable as new boat prices go up.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

headduck

2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Mooch

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Red 22

Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Hunter

Well I'm not planning to sell my boat.....but then it's not an Arima either so kind-of off topic.   I did hook it up today and drove it the 2 miles to my local Non Ethanol source and filled it to the top along with the appropriate storage stabilizer... 
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

ohmytodd

I'm not taking any bait on this one, but for a point of reference...

I work for a global events company. That industry was absolutely BOOMING 4 months ago. These are the stats from last week, so far...

- $15.5 BILLION in loss of state and local taxes
- $118 BILLION lost in direct business spending
- 1.6 million exhibitors impacted, 80% of whom are small businesses
- 1,900,000 industry jobs lost
- 1,100,000 related business jobs lost (folks who work in arena services, for example)

That's just for events that are cancelled through Q2. Q3 and Q4 events are cancelling now. This goes all the way down the line... food service, transportation, hospitality, the small businesses around venues that rely on foot traffic. The economic impacts on the city of Las Vegas alone are immeasurable. We haven't seen anywhere near the tip of the iceberg yet, and that's just one industry out of hundreds that will be affected

Listen to whomever you'd like, and best of luck to you.

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

amazing grace

That is enough with the virus and politics boys.

The questions is about more Arima (since this in the Arima board) boats possibly being on the near term market as folks having bigger priorities on the horizon. I hope all can keep their boats.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Hunter

Quote from: amazing grace on March 30, 2020, 04:28:06 PM
That is enough with the virus and politics boys.

The questions is about more Arima (since this in the Arima board) boats possibly being on the near term market as folks having bigger priorities on the horizon. I hope all can keep their boats.

Agreed..... No reason to have this thread locked because of unrelated agenda's..   
All Garmin Electronics

YachatsLP

I just bought my arima last month after waiting for the right boat for over a year. So maybe with everything going on I would have only had to wait 6 months? Haha.  :beerchug:
2001 17' Sea Chaser
2021 Honda 90

Danno

I deleted many posts because they drifted into politics. I understand that this pandemic is a hot issue but we need to step at least six ft away from it. I may have removed more than needed so blame me if you have to.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

rclark4179

For giggles, I look at Arimas almost daily on CL Seattle. I noticed last week a major reduction in the number for sale. Fear of interacting with other people? Keeping them in case they need a "bug out" boat? Posting are down for out of area listings as well.
Fish do not fear my name...crab however, do, and should.

81 15' Hunter "SKUA", 40 hp MERC, British Seagull kicker (SOLD)
85 17' Chaser, "SKUA II"' 90 hp MERC,9.9 Yamaha

mustang65fbk

Quote from: rclark4179 on March 30, 2020, 08:14:16 PM
For giggles, I look at Arimas almost daily on CL Seattle. I noticed last week a major reduction in the number for sale. Fear of interacting with other people? Keeping them in case they need a "bug out" boat? Posting are down for out of area listings as well.

Well aren't all, or a majority of the boat launches in the Seattle area closed?  I suppose you could run the engine with the ear muffs but I'm thinking between that and not wanting to deal with other people would be the reasoning behind it.  I generally look at the east coast Craigslist sites a couple times a week.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

strokersquid

I'm still hoping to find a 21 HT . Others I know who own non Arimas wondering if they have to sell but waiting for now and hoping they won't have to .

headduck

Folks are scared now and keeping distance...waiting for the dust to settle...we are in surreal times for sure.

I assume boats and other non-essential luxury items which were accumulated over the last bit of growth will be sold. Especially if those items require money to use and maintain as well as needing free time to appreciate.

Arimas occupy mid tier, with owners who, I assume, are not the typical loaded boat owner but more an average joe who worked hard to support a hobby they love. (Not trying to insult the filthy rich) If this were a Grady site I'd buy the idea that most of the owners will see little economic impact from this pandemic.

Certainly won't be a time to flip boats but sure seems like a time to find a decent deal in a cooler market...that is if you're not one the many who will be worried about tomorrow.

Let's check this thread in 6 mos and see who predicted the future...  :party017:

Hunter

Might even be a good time to make an offer on a new one....especially if you do your own financing or pay cash.   I imagine they have new stock inventory that was just waiting for the new season...that are just sitting there now.    Even to sell one at cost would bring in some needed capital to keep the dealer "afloat" till this thing is over.    The other thing to consider if you live in WA State is to just buy the hull and trailer only and have them registered here, then haul it down to Oregon to a dealer to buy engines, electronics and everything else.   

The same might actually be true for new tow vehicle dealers everywhere.   I'd say that July might end up being a great time to pounce on brand new left over 2019 or 2020 truck because that's when the 2021's should come out.   
All Garmin Electronics

wedocq

I bought my 2002 Arima in '08 during a down economy for 20k, so it's definitely possible. I am going to be keeping my eye on boat trader and Craigslist for a deal on a bigger boat. A 2520 Parker would be nice.  :wink:
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

headduck

Would love to find a similar deal on a 21.

I'll be keeping an eye out...

I'm kinda particular to the 2320...but both 25 and 23 seem so big relative to the 21 ranger...especially on the trailer.

mustang65fbk

Oh I'm sure there will be at least a couple that pop up, just like there were when fishing was closed down for the season. 
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

beancounter

Unfortunately my yard has too many boats and I am just waiting until things normalize a bit to even try and sell something. I have a 19 Chaser skip tower I want to bring to the west coast. I also have a 25 C-Dory and people will come from all over for that When they can travel again. Mean time finishing taxes and working on the house so I can sell it and move to my new place on the Bay.

headduck

Man with the plan, Bean and 2 highly desirable rigs for sure.

I too have been swinging the hammer and the hoe as much as possible.

Just found carpenter ants for the first time...always a new experience when doing a bit of renovation. I hate ants but itll all be good as new when finished.