News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Second battery and ACR SeaHunter after installing new tank

Started by sunnydude2, April 08, 2020, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnydude2

I have my new 16gallon tank that was made for me ready to install.  Before I do this I need to relocate the two batteries that were under the motor well to the starboard area.  I am running into a problem with clearance with the live well drain and then the tops for the battery boxes.  I wouldn't be worried about having the tops on apart from the rod holder will drip into one of the boxes and the cupholder into the other.

There is no room for me to fit the tops.  I believe the batteries are 27's which might be my problem in size.  Bigger is better right?   :facepalm:

Suggestions?  Are you guys running without covers on your batteries?

Thanks.

Laserguy

If the exposed terminals and wiring have plastic covers both on the positive and negative signs, it will meet Coast Guard standards which relate to accidental shorting across the battery, by say dropping a tool onto the terminals.

A tray or a box is used to contain leaking acid. A box with top satisfies both requirements.

So yes with the appropriate terminal covers you can operate without a top on the battery box