News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

New Seats For Me Too!

Started by First Cabin, February 27, 2012, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First Cabin

Sorry for the extremely poor quality cell phone picture.  I just finished installing these.  I know I'm going to love them!   :party: All credit to StreamFixer of course!  Tractor seats...gotta love em.

First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Seattleflyfisher

Very cool seats!  It looks like you could gain weight and still have a great ride with those seats.

Nice :bowdown:

SFF

StreamFixer

They have a wide range of spring adjustment and sure take the edge off wind chop slam.

Nice job EJ  I am looking forward to personally inspecting in the near future.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Vancouvertechie

Do they have them in sea foam?

VT
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Threeweight

Black, garish blue, and garish yellow are the only colors I have seen.  When my current seat dies, I'm going to look into these.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

fishorcrab

VT,

Just take a big wave over the transom at Barview and the seats will be in plenty of sea foam.   

I found some Recaro pedestal suspension seats for the more erudite fisherman. They are available in multiple colors although the leather ones may require one of the new Arima hardtops for a proper environment. 

http://www.industrialseats.com/pgr.asp?pgrID=354&categoryID=83

All seriousness aside,  what brand are the pictured tractor seats?  I sat in StreamFixer's justifiably touted tractor seat and was so impressed that I forgot the brand.  :shrug9:

Paul

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Danno

Those Recarro seats would team up great with a seat heater. Here's a thread on ifish explaining how to add heaters to you seats: http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=397554&highlight=heated+seats
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

StreamFixer

Recaro seats.....???

You have to request a quote to find out how costly they are.  Tractor seats run around $100 each and are available at local farm supply stores, thus minimal if any shipping.

I found the seat I installed at http://www.aggsupplyonline.com 

Model A&I model T222BL

Here is another link to a universal shock absorbed tractor seat.  http://www.agrisupply.com/tractor-seat-universal-black/p/40603/

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GoodDays

if you want heated seats just pick up a heated seat cushion that plugs into 12volt...

GoodDays Greg

vxhatch

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

First Cabin

Quote from: vxhatch on February 28, 2012, 10:38:56 PM
:bowdown:

I mounted them with stainless steel hardware of course, but let's see what they look like in a couple of years.  There is plenty of carbon steel in the construction and I go out in the salt.  The plan is liberal doses of Boeshield several times per year, but I'm sure I will be fighting a losing battle at some point.

On the up side, they can be found for under $100.  I love the suspension and the lower back support they give.

StreamFixer

I figure at $100 for a seat I can replace every few years and still be ahead of a 'boat' seat. 

Plus I have yet to see a good stainless steel spring, ergo that part will rust even on a 'boat' seat

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

First Cabin

Quote from: StreamFixer on February 29, 2012, 09:19:43 AM
I figure at $100 for a seat I can replace every few years and still be ahead of a 'boat' seat. 

Plus I have yet to see a good stainless steel spring, ergo that part will rust even on a 'boat' seat

StreamFixer

And the first on-water test results are.....

:dance: :dance:FANTASTIC! :dance: :dance:

So I agree...when the rust get's out of hand, I will probably just buy new.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Here is a pic of the Centric (not SAS) folding seats I mounted in Amazing Grace's 19 SR on top of the (2) storage type seats. The old ones were the 89 fish-On seats and I was able to use the existing Fish-On base plate by adapting & SS bolting a 3/4" piece HDPE on that base. Then SS bolting into the existing new seat bolt holes. They still swivel but are not adjustable 4 N aft. But, still....a wonderful improvement in comfort over the Fish-On or Tempress and even the newer Arima seats that came with my 21 SR.
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!