News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Beach Launch Gone Wrong...

Started by Old No7, February 23, 2020, 05:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old No7

"Holy Grady Batman -- that didn't work like you said it would!"

Old No7

"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Hunter

Quote from: ohmytodd on February 23, 2020, 05:44:18 PM
At least the boat will float ;)

Agreed.  Put in the plug, disconnect from the trailer and then call the insurance company.. 
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

headduck

I'm not even sure how that could happen...is that a shot between the waves...?
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Hunter

I actually saw something similar happen to a Toyota pick-up on a beach in Baja.    My guess is that the truck in the pick got stuck and than this pic is after the tide had come in and then back out.   With each surging wave, it sunk a little deeper.
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

headduck

Peddler

This can happen very quickly too.  It appears there's actually a second vehicle on the left side of the boat/truck that's every-bit as buried.  This is going to require an excavator and heavy equipment to extract.  The trailer and boat may be salvageable, depending on how bad the surf beat them up.  The truck is a total loss.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Yachter Yat

That truck has obviously been immersed in salt water.   I'm afraid it might really be classified as "dumpster material" at this point. 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

I saw this online and it happened in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Strong storm came in, wrong place, wrong time.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

headduck

Yow! In the original image the surf is crazy to the right...

The flooded parade...what've crazy experience that would be.

Yachter Yat

That's gotta be the dumbest, craziest, stupidest most ignorant and pathetic thing I've seen on this Forum, in recent months.   

Yat

Oh wait!.............No,no............Sorry.........Maybe your misunderstanding me.  I'm not talking about getting caught in the surf like that.  Hey, things "happen".   I'm talking about that idiotic bow riding Grady White I'm looking at in that photo.  When is that company ever going to get smart and build a boat with some protection.   No doubt, Grady White builds some pretty high quality boats.  I'm just not sure they understand the difference between being able to simply "build" a boat.....and "build" a boat the average person can both afford, and comfortably use;  somewhere around the 42nd parallel. 

Forgive me, but whenever I see these boats, I can't help but believe the first thing these "designers" see when they open their eyes in the morning is their "own intestines".

Aaaah..........there.......I feel better now.   Ha
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Wiley

And here I thought it was prep for new paint, an all over sand blasting... :jester:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

BigMac

And likely some poor sucker will be buying one of these rigs in a few months.