News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

19 Chaser kicker/bracket

Started by montauk169, February 22, 2020, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montauk169

Recently purchased an '06 Sea Chaser 19 soft top with a Yamaha F115TLR, no kicker or bracket.  Seeking recommendations for both bracket and motor best suited for this setup.  Will use salmon trolling.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

headduck

Recent post that beats this horse pretty solid.

Most folks prefer the arima fixed bracket on account of wierd sponsoon angles and desire not to be hunched over the stern dealing with a foldable bracket.

Folks also lean towards extra long shaft. Yamahas seem to be top end. This helps to avoid cavitation when in swells...check your height to verify.

I went with evinrude, tohatsu, merc...its a 1 cylinder carbed motor...its fine and price was right.

New old stock can be had more affordably at local marinas. I picked mine up at kitsap. Three rivers has decent sales and so does Cains out toward Seiku...assumed your west but probably wrong....

Fuel injections saves carb hassle, but adds cost.

Some use tiller, ez-steer,  panther throttle and steering, some go to the TR-1 autopilot....order of increasing cost...

Do a quick search, you will find more than you imagine.

Congrats on the boat btw!
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Tj805

As a 19 chaser owner I'll chime in.
I have a longshaft Yamaha f8 on my boat mounted to an arima fixed bracket .
Works like a dream !
I can troll up to 6 knots and as slow as 1/2 knot .
If I had to start all over I'd get a motor with power trim and tilt and electronic start.
But starting and operating the kicker from the stern is no big deal.
I put a lot of hrs on this setup later season and never missed a beat .
Plus it's really nice to only burn 1 gallon of gas for all day of trolling .
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

Danno

:yeahthat:

And it  looks like montauk169's SC is already set with the proper bolt pattern. Double check with Arima before spending $.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Scottjohnson59

Congrates on that Boat you are going to love it hd says it all on bracket
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics