Author Topic: Arima 15ft sea explorer  (Read 238 times)

Offline Markmurd

Arima 15ft sea explorer
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:27:30 PM »
After looking at several arima photos with a kicker steering set up I see that almost all the kickers are attached to the main motor with a rear bracket is this how I should set up my steering bracket ? Coupling a mercury 20 in. Shaft 5hp four stroke to a mercury 20 in shaft 40 hp four stroke. Thank you for your replies !

Online Mooch

Re: Arima 15ft sea explorer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:56:41 AM »
Mark,

You're probably referring to the EZ-Steer connection, which is a very popular, time-tested and affordable outboard steering connection.  I have one and can recommend it.  Check out https://ezsteer.com , but don't hesitate to call 6514862010 if you have sizing questions.

Another suggestion, use a different Subject for clarity if you want more responses.  Not a bad idea to add your boat model to you Signature line in your Forum Profile while you're at it.

Good luck.
"Your parents or Grandparents were called upon to fight in world wars.  You are being called upon to sit on the couch and wash your hands.  DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!" (StreamFixer)

2006 Sea Ranger Skip 21, Honda 150, Honda 9.9

Online headduck

Re: Arima 15ft sea explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 06:13:30 AM »
The ez steer is great once dialed in. A few post regarding how to do that exactly would be good to review.

Super simple and effective.

Also can get remote steering and throttle control or one or the other. I got steering (panther) but control throttle at the helm with stock controls. It's fine, but i did prefer the ez steer which doesnt work with the new mercury motor fairings.

2nd the advice on unique thread titles.
1987 17' Sea Ranger 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle