Author Topic: Outfitting and Progress 88 SC  (Read 459 times)

Offline Pdxmgunner

Outfitting and Progress 88 SC
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »
Hello All,

The new axel finally came in. I’ve been out several times in the last month on the Willamette River.  Dropped Anchor, haven’t caught my first fish of the boat yet but have trolled with no rod for a practice run and I’m ready. The motors both are running great and the oil pump is working great. I now I never have to MIX. Talked to my Dad, he had a 17 Montauk with Merc oil pump, he never had a problem so I’ll follow his lead.

The horn I have got working but it’s weak.

I love this boat. I’m now seriously considering adding a second bilge for fishing Buoy 10 and hopefully the ocean someday.

We named her Elise, my wife’s former middle name.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:10:31 AM by Pdxmgunner »

Offline headduck

Re: Outfitting and Progress 88 SC
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 06:25:51 AM »
Well done. I like the trolling for practice...you're ready!

Many do the second bilge and drill an access hatch in the aft surface of the fish box.
1987 17' Sea Ranger 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

Online ohmytodd

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 07:27:32 AM »
My Chaser had an occasionally intermittent bilge pump. I carried a hand pump just in case, but never had to use it. Unless you're mooring on the water it may be overkill.

I'm sure I'll see you on the water out of Willamette park in the coming months once the water clears a bit, I'm in Hey Nineteen. Keep an eye out for whole trees that float downriver this time of year, with the muddy high water they're hard to see, but they occasionally knock a hoboat off anchor, which is fine. You're ready, we just need some fish in the system.

I'll assume the "ocean today" was a typo ;) You don't want to be out there this week...

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS56.KPQR.html

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Hey Nineteen, Honda BF150, 2019 Suzuki df9.9

Online Fisherdv

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
You guys have Sturgeon in that river no?
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Offline GoodDays

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »
Extra Bilge pumps are never overkill.  Its a belt and suspenders kinda thing.  One is good, two is Gooder !!!   :wink:

GoodDays Greg

Online ohmytodd

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:37:46 AM »
Extra Bilge pumps are never overkill.  Its a belt and suspenders kinda thing.  One is good, two is Gooder !!!   :wink:

GoodDays Greg

Agreed on good to have. I'm referring more to the realities of installing 2 on a Hunter. Changing my old one made me wonder how they managed to fit even one down there.

You guys have Sturgeon in that river no?

Yes, but most of them have extra eyes and tails. Lots of shakers for C&R, but not table fare. A lot of guys over on iFish call C&R fishing "harassing the residents" but to each his own. It can be a hoot when you hook into an oversized with light gear.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Hey Nineteen, Honda BF150, 2019 Suzuki df9.9

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 11:57:05 AM »
Trees floating.. like this one? 

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 12:02:34 PM »
My Chaser had an occasionally intermittent bilge pump. I carried a hand pump just in case, but never had to use it. Unless you're mooring on the water it may be overkill.

I'm sure I'll see you on the water out of Willamette park in the coming months once the water clears a bit, I'm in Hey Nineteen. Keep an eye out for whole trees that float downriver this time of year, with the muddy high water they're hard to see, but they occasionally knock a hoboat off anchor, which is fine. You're ready, we just need some fish in the system.

I'll assume the "ocean today" was a typo ;) You don't want to be out there this week...

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS56.KPQR.html

I’ll keep an eye out hey nineteen, haha yes typo, someday the ocean, someday..

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »
Progress..

Offline GregE

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:58:19 PM »
Nice clear lettering.
How does she have a former middle name?
Greg
SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »
Nice clear lettering.
How does she have a former middle name?

She took my last name and made her maiden name, her middle name.

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
First day chasing Chinook today..

Offline beancounter

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 06:02:01 PM »
Looking good. That Honda will bring you back if that Merc's oil pump ever takes a dump. Lots of people disable the pump and premix when they get some age. Enjoy.

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »
Hey thanks! I cleaned out the mixer and I’m gonna use it for now.. It’s nice not having to mix and have the Honda 4 stroke run of the main..

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 05:23:32 AM »
   I once had the oil pump fail on my 150 VRO Johnson.   If your not going to pre-mix, then you might want to consider carrying enough oil to be able to simply add it to your tank should the need arise. 

Yat
Dear Bo:  Would you please get us the Zenith 4.0?  Order about 5 and have 'em shipped to Everett with the Stabis.   You can thank me later, Yat

16 SC/Honda 60

Offline Pdxmgunner

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Roger that, I’ve got a big jug onboard thanks. I trolled for four hours today on the Willamette with my wife, we didn’t use the main motor and hardly burned any gas!