Author Topic: Seattle Boat Show Get together  (Read 1865 times)

Offline GregE

Re: Seattle Boat Show Get together
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »
How about another VI get together?    Maybe we can Shanghai Wyrguy   :yeahthat:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Tom Mac

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »
Greg do you have any plans to come up north, I will try and talk Wyrguy into showing.
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Offline GregE

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2020, 12:54:42 PM »
No plans,  just thinking out loud...

We are glad we were able to attend two events with y'all ( southern neighbor speak )
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »
    It's been years since we've been to a boat show.  Last few times the wife and I were down to the Boston Show, we found it to be a bit disappointing.  Seemed to be nothing I was really interested in.  Mostly monsters with crazy price tags, or a ton of useless bowriders; designed for bodies of water that might not really exist.....at least here in New England.  Just made me realize how practical my Arima was, and how happy I was to own it. 

What's really funny was seeing the numbers on some of those bigger boats.  We had a good laugh when I happen to comment about paying $200K for one particular model, then bringing it home and placing it out in the front yard for sale, the very next day.......in an attempt to get $100K for it.   Ha

All this just reinforces my belief that it may, indeed, be high time for Bo to consider a revamp of the Arima small boat line.  And yes, that would include my 14'2x6-0 "Sea Scout".  Given what we're seeing, (at least in terms of pricing these days) those could prove to be the best seller of all. 

Yat
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"......Maya Angelou
Yat
16 SC/Honda 60

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2020, 09:34:24 AM »
Given the recent lack luster efforts at Seattle and Portland (OR) boat shows, it would appear that Defiance/Arima plant is as busy as they wish to be with no need to seriously consider changes of any kind.

Certainly different than 5 years ago.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'01 Yamaha 50 (carb'd 4S)
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
   Maybe they could use more help??

Yat
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"......Maya Angelou
Yat
16 SC/Honda 60

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 03:05:39 PM »
Plenty of help at the booth when I was there.  Three guys...  But they were too busy chatting among themselves to bother to see if there was anything I needed help with.  Therefore, I doubt they are in need of more help.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'01 Yamaha 50 (carb'd 4S)
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Offline Yachter Yat

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
    Fixer;  Sorry.....did I say "help"?  I meant "ambition".  Ha   Kidding aside, (clearing throat)  I think Defiance should build my "Sea Scout", then modify the other two small Arimas as described below.  Oh ya.......and they should build these in their new "Arima Annex".  That would be the one located just off Interstate 80, outside of Davenport, Iowa.   Haha   

Yat
Yat
16 SC/Honda 60

Offline GoodDays

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 11:10:47 AM »
I know that the Defiance/Arima management team does frequent this Forum.  They are well aware that we, as Arima Owners, are the best marketing tool they have.  I'm sorry to hear that members weren't well received at the boat show as I've always found them to be quite welcoming. 

GoodDays Greg

Offline DevMah

• Fisherman
  • Knowledge is the root of all good.
  • View Gallery
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »
Sad to hear the poor welcome at the booth...

Well if it makes you feel better Sherwood Marine use to bring Arimas to the Vancouver boat show.. well it’s been 4 years since there has been one Arima at the show in Vancouver.

I saw my first few Arimas at the boat show in 2014 fell in live with the design and quality build, then factory ordered mine.

I guess Russ is correct the factory must be busy as it seems that Arima is not interested in the Canadian market either.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger  (Tight lines)
2015 Yamaha F150
2012 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot 4 blade
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle