News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Sailfish Doubleheader Solo - 85 Sea Hunter

Started by Rstuart, December 30, 2019, 04:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rstuart

35 miles east of Port Canaveral, FL

Solo Sailfish Doubleheader Video

https://youtu.be/CeZgHYaIcQg

headduck

2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Yachter Yat

Yikes!  35 miles east of Canaveral in a Sea Hunter?  WOW!  From this point on, these little Arima Hunters will no longer be referred to as seaworthy.  They will now be referred to as, "SUPER SEAWORTHY".  Ha    I imagine that thing must move along quite smartly with that 90.   BTW, I'd be willing to bet the only reason he wasn't any farther out is, boat is about 5" too short.  Haha 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Crackerbox

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Wiley

Nicely done... am jealous.. bucket list fish for me...
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Rstuart

25 gallons

No, it isn't as crazy as you think.  I check the weather religiously.  Who wants to fish in crappy conditions anyway?  I live down here now.  If it is rough this weekend, there is always next weekend.  In the summer, my boat is always on the trailer before 3 PM before convective storms kick up.  I don't even try going out if the waves are more than 3.5 feet and the period is short.

DevMah

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

1 Short Tub

Nice! Do you find the hunter stern heavy with that 90 on the back?
1990 Sea Hunter, 1975 Johnson 85, 2011 Tohatsu 6

Rstuart

The 90 Yamaha 2 stroke weighs the same as the 70 Johnson.  They are very light reliable motors.  I cruise at 20 mph turning 2900 rpm with a 21 pitch prop.  I get about 4.8 mpg.  Trolling @ 7 mph, I use 2 gal per hour.  I would have bought a 70 Yamaha but 90s are much more common.

AP

jmcc

That is awesome! I am moving near the gulf coast later this year and I was thinking I would sell my SR17 before I left the PNW. Now I have to certainly reconsider. I never pictured it as gulf/east coast boat but you are making me think twice!

Rstuart

Distances in the Gulf are a bit further.  Fuel capacity could be an issue.  As it is my boat is a little heavy at first until I burn through 12 of the 35 gallons.  Since I live here, I don't worry too much about weather.  If seas are unfavorable this weekend, I've always got next weekend.  The seasons aren't as constrained as on the west coast.  There is always something open. 

GregE

JMCC, two posts??  Where have you been hiding?    :wink:

I added a 3 way valve in the 19 we had so I could hook in a portable gas can or two.  No pouring gas out in the waves.  I never needed it but for long runs....... 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Rstuart

I thought of doing that and using a gas bladder in the fish well.  I elected not to because its easier to distribute extra 210 lbs of fuel.  I have not problem refilling at sea; I just go downwind and set the autopilot (bungee cord)!  My only mod to the fuel system is an online electric fuel pump ahead of the water separator that I use to prime the motor and to fill filters when they need replacing.