News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

New seats

Started by croaker stroker, February 21, 2012, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

I'm ready for new seats. I know some of you have purchased new seats. So, now that you have had them a while....How do you like them?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

I love my converted spring loaded, swivel, tractor seat.   :party:  Really takes the pound out of moving in wind chop.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Hydro-Therapy

I went with the Attwood  Centeric SAS  and really like it. A real comfortable seat for a bad back. Best buy on them is through walmart.

H-T

Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Threeweight

Remember that with new seats may have to come a new pedestal  :nono:

I have a cheap Cabelas high-back I got for $50.  Works great.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

fishing eagle

Just like HT said.... I love my Centric SAS seats and you do not need to replace the Arima pedestals. Order them from WalMart on line as they have best price and color selection too. They ship  them free to your local WalMart store. You will have them in less than 2 weeks.

I am still awaiting my commisssion check from Attwood; but I think they forgot me  :doh:
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

croaker stroker

Threeweight, you are so right!

The pedestals are all different diameters. Some have hydrolic shock absorbers. Surface mount is a must for me.

What am I getting myself into?   :doh:  Maybe my Tempress All-weathers don't look so bad afterall?

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Threeweight

The pedestal thing isn't so bad.  But I know I hate it when I budget $$ for a project, and once I rip into it I find it will cost $$$$, and there is no going back to the original  :doh:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Amazing Grace is getting the Centric Standards that I installed on top of the two storage seats. They worked just great and were extemely comfortable. My new 21 has the roto-molded type seats with the slip-on/snapdown pads. One trip out and I am missing the Centric seats, already.  Grace...you lucky dog!
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

croaker stroker

Tempress has an Attwood Centric seat at Bass Pro.  Attwood shell with Tempress fabric.  So confusing.

Streamfixer, I like your idea.....

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

woody

You guys remember, when you update post your old equipment just in case some one could recycle it.

I got 2 seats and some pedestals from a site member, recycled the seats and one tube and passed on the rest to another site member.

Some of us old Arima farts continually rework the original equipment and are not ashamed to take handouts.  I'm great for seats right now, but who knows.

Woody

croaker stroker

I got the Tempress All Weather High Back seats. The seat cushions on these are much nicer than the Low Back seats.  I am going to mount the existing seats on "quick disconnect" mounts in the rear.

And the Springfield "Air Ride" Pedestal for the helm...

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

So.Cali

Old coolers work great! Plus u can put your fish, lunch, beer, bait, beer, wife's credit card, beer, a burrito, and whatever else that will fit in there. And if you have to guard the beer, don't move. . . . The perfect boat seat. :stooges:

GoodDays

So.Cali.... You've got most of the cooler contents Bang On !   But "a Burrito" just isnt going to cut it with this crowd !!  You will need a whole Bag of Burritos if you come fishing with me !!!!  :food: :food:

GoodDays Greg
canadian Chinookaholic  :gone_fishing:

So.Cali

One, three, ten. . . Burritos are good and are always welcome on the boat. . . Next to the beer! :food: :beerchug:

croaker stroker

i'm hungry for a corned beef/cabbage/potato burrito.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

So.Cali

You know. . . I've made those. Really good too! That's right, it's St. Paddy's day! Too bad I have to work tonite. I could sure use some Irish spirit.

wedocq

Croaker,
I would go to Cabelas and try them all out. That's what I did. After trying every seat 10-15 times, I went with the Cabela's high back Elite. I wasn't shopping on price, rather which one my ample back side fit best!  :whistle: If you watch closely, Cabelas will put them on sale for $79.99 every now and then. After a couple of seasons, I love them!
-Shawn

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

bay arima

Croaker, do those Springfield pedestals bolt right in to replace the factory set up?
1985 Sea Hunter
2003 Suzuki 50hp

croaker stroker

bay Arima,

No. You have to make an adapter plate. I'll try to post some pictures when I make mine.

Or...you can lag bolt them to the floor.  The only problem is the new mount is smaller than the old mount.

wedocq,

Took the wife to Bass Pro and we sat in them all. We liked the comfort of the Tempress. They are a lot cushyer than the ones that came with the boat, and they were on sale for $75 each.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

bay arima

1985 Sea Hunter
2003 Suzuki 50hp

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Recycle...I have (2) of the original Tempress folding back seats that I removed from 89 SR, but removed the mounting plates/bolts to adapt to my Centric upgrade seats. FYI....Been thinking of mounting one on a movable ice chest..but..then again, I can make them available for free to any ABOGer...Just have to pick up in Sacramento. By the way, on the cheap, vinyl can be repainted with spray vinyl paint that makes them look really decent for about a year. j.w.
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

croaker stroker

I got the seats and pedestals installed yesterday. There were a couple of hickups. My old Quick-disconnect holes did not lineup well with the new seat. Also, I thought this pedestal was designed for the helm, but the sticker says not to use above 5 mph. There is a plastic collar to restrict the rotation of the seat, but it also restricts the shock movement. So, the seat has to turn freely in order to use the "air ride" feature.

I do like the ability to instantly change the height of the seat. That allows me to see over the windshield. And, I can set it lower when ducking the splash in rough conditions, or when the top is on.

Not sure how I will like the free rotation while driving ?

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Free Rotation is not a problem with my seat retro-fit.  The plastic insert between the pedestal and seat base is so worn it will not 'swing freely', you have to make it rotate.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement?  2" OD pedestal.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Danno

Is that the standard size SF? I think I have one from my Arima.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

StreamFixer

We'll check when we go fishing Friday??

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade