News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Cockpit Display

Started by Hunter, November 03, 2019, 03:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Looking for the least expensive auxiliary cockpit display to connect to my 7610xsv. I currently have an IPAD in a waterproof case, but the glare is really bad and keeping charged is a pain. It works, but I'd really like a more robust waterproof marine unit that will display better in sunlight.   Basically looking for a better more permanent solution. I know I could buy another 7610 but that is expensive. I don't necessarily need control of the aux unit. Just a display that will mirror what is on my main 7610xsv. Thanks
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Mooch

I added a EchoMap Plus series unit that interfaces with my helm Garmin chart plotter. Works great for me.   I use traditional and chirp transducer side by side, but with the 7610 you should be able to share your current transducer using N2K if you want.  The advantage over a pure monitor would be full independent functionality with identical interface.  In an aft display, ability to control sonar and maps independently would be a huge benefit over monitor only.  A few other benefits might also include bright daylight screen, fishing navigation screen and a robust Quick Disconnect mount.  Won't display radar, which shouldn't be a big deal in a aft display.  They run periodic sales (less $200-300) on these units fairly often.  Not aware of any serious monitor only solutions, but can't imagine they'd be much less.  Good luck.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

First Cabin

Any networkable Garmin.  How much are you willing to spend?
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

DevMah

Hunter

Look up 12v lcd display on Amazon.
If your fish finder has a video or HDMI output you will be able to mirror the display.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

davidsea

There are tons of small, cheap LCD TV's out there that run on 12 volts, and nearly all of them have an HDMI input.  I think your Garmin has a DVI-D video output, so all you would need is a  $7 DVI-to-HDMI adaptor and a standard HDMI cable of whatever length you need to reach the display.  If you have a hardtop with bulkhead, you could just mount it on the inside of the back window.  Otherwise,  the hard part will be figuring out a way to splash-proof a TV.  You could build a box around it, but it would need to be ventilated at least a little to avoid overheating.  I haven't seen a small, cheap, waterproof display anywhere, but it would be worth a search,  to avoid buying another Garmin just for the display.   
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

First Cabin

Waterproof and bright enough to see in the sun is the tough part! You might be able to find an older, used, networkable Garmin for reasonable cost.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8