News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

For you car guys!

Started by Markshoreline, September 15, 2019, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

This absolutely beautiful 64 AustinHealey 3000 was parked on the highway near Coupeville...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Habberdasher

Too bad I can't have it because I have a Arima in my garage however that is my most coveted car it's even a red one! Oh well you can't fish from it
1988 Sea Hunter 60 Suzuki 5hp Mariner
1958 9 ft moulded birch 1958 3 hp Johnston and a 30 pound electric

Salishseaman

I had the opportunity to buy a 66 3000 in Calgary in 1974. The price was my monthly paycheck from Rig work. $9000. I passed. Worst decision I ever made and regret it to this day. They say the Jag E type is the prettiest car ever designed, I will tale a Healy 3000 any day!
82 Sea Hunter 15. 2014 Yamaha F75

Markshoreline

Both gorgeous cars and this one is so low miles and perfect appearing!

GoodDays

Mark,  Can I use it when I come down ? be easier to get around Seattle traffic than my truck.   :yeahthat:

GoodDays Greg

MarkL

Back in the late '70s - early '80s we had a 1969 MGC GT.  My wife and I traded off with each other between the MGC and our 1979 Subaru BRAT for daily driver duties.

The MGC was an MGB, reengineered by MG to accept the Austin Healey 6 cylinder.  It was offered in both roadster and GT bodies.  It was to be the Austin Healey replacement, as the Healey was very dated by then; and MG was strapped for development money.  They didn't build a lot of MGCs.  Cool car, but didn't have the Healey's beauty.  But that engine...  Nice to look at and maintain, and it sounded gorgeous!

The MGC, like the BRAT, weren't family-friendly, so had to go once kids came along.  Wish I had both cars back.
1984 SE 16
2018 Yamaha F70

Markshoreline

Yes, Greg- I'll call the guy and have him hold it for you!  How about sending a deposit of $32,250?

Dakar

While stationed in Europe in 1963 Dad bought a Vanden Plas Princess which used the Austin Healey 3000 straight 6.  We had that car for many years till I got hold of it and stuck it into someones living room.  The engine was fine for 50,000 miles till it threw a rod through the block.  Back then 50,000 miles was a lot for that engine and Dad promptly put a new engine in it, repaired my front end damage and drove it for a few more years.  40 years later Mom--at the Thanksgiving table--mentioned the living room "intervention" to my kids; her revenge on me for a joy ride gone bad.  My kids still joke about it, in 1969 it wasn't all that funny.
1990 17' Sea Chaser

Fair winds and following seas!

mustang65fbk

Cool looking car, although probably not anywhere near being practical for someone that's 6'2" tall and weighs 275lbs.  My 1965 mustang is pretty comfortable considering it has the stock seats and the top of my head doesn't touch the inside of the roof.  My dad had a 1969 roadrunner but just recently sold it, bought a 1986 Porsche 911 from one of his co-workers and good lord that thing is tiny.  It's a really cool looking car but not meant for larger people to drive.  He and I drove it the day he purchased it and with both of us sitting in there our elbows and shoulders were rubbing against each other and felt very crammed.  Cool looking car but nothing really practical imo. 
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke