News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Garboard Drain plug light

Started by Channel Cat, September 07, 2019, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Channel Cat

Has anyone ever fished one through?
I shoved a thicker gauge wire through the drain plug to get an idea of where it emerges, to no avail!
19 SR 2007
Team Arima
"07" 19'SR, 115 HP E-TEC, 9.9 Johnson 4 stk.

DevMah

You may be able to see it if you open the fish box area access to the bilge pumps.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

davidsea

In my '96 SR, there is a false floor that supports the fuel tank, about  2" above the bottom of the boat.  From the outside of the transom to the back of the fishbox  bilge access plate is a 35" straight shot with no obstructions.   If you remove the lift-out vertical panel in front of the fuel tank and look down just below the front edge of the tank, you will see 2 holes, about 1 1/2" diameter, one on either side, that access that lower bilge area.  From there, you can run the wire around the lower starboard side of the tank and up into the battery area under the stbd. baitbox,  and from there follow the rest of the wiring up to the helm.
     If you plan on running more wires in the future, go to an electrical supply and invest in a "glow-rod" - these are  1/8" flexible glass/epoxy rods in various lengths from 6' up, used by electricians and others to fish wires through walls and other inaccessible places.  They are the real deal for this kind of work. 
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Channel Cat

I certainly appreciate the replies!
Have been toying with the bling, and per the suggestions, have already been there! I am attempting to fish a wire through that hole, it is a bit difficult to get a wire through. I will keep trying, as per David, that is the way there alright.
Thank you both for comments!
Going to install plug light, and under gunnel lighting for ambiance.
Tight lines, Tony, Portland OR.
Team Arima

davidsea

under gunnel lights

FWilliams

what lights are those davidsea? really like that look
2007 21 ft. Sea Ranger HT 115 Yamaha 4 stroke  9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. sold

davidsea

VETCO Electronics , Bellevue, WA     vetco.net    Comes in 16.4  foot spools of flexible, waterproof LED strips for $24.99   Can be cut to length in 2" increments,  available in warm white  #VETRGBSTPEET ,   and cool white  #VETRGBSTPCW   It has a self-adhesive backing.    If you get the mounting surface really clean, and warm everything up with a heat gun, it MAY stick OK, but be prepared to glue it on if it doesn't.  The full 16' strip draws 27 watts (2.3 amps).  In the picture below, note the copper-colored strips, every 3rd LED - this is where you cut to length.  The full spool comes with wires attached to one end, but after cutting your first section, you'll have to scrape off the waterproofing plastic, and solder on wires to the copper strips for each section after that. A little delicate, but doable if you have any soldering skills at all.
     If you are in the area, the VETCO store is worth a visit - all kinds of cool stuff.  It's in SE Bellevue, about a mile East of 405, and just south of 520.

davidsea

more lights:

Channel Cat

Got it, That was fun, and exciting! Definitely a two person job.
Thanks for all the help.
David, I am not sure I have ever seen an Arima cleaner than mine, (not coming direct from the factory.) You have Sold that boat?
Thank you for taking the time to post here still!
Team Arima

Markshoreline

I can tell you that there is not a cleaner or nicer Arima!  David has done beautiful work to his lighting, dash, flip down fuse access and etc.   I've asked him to do a series of pilots (instead of burying his work in a reply) so we can all benefit from his knowledge.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9