Author Topic: Custom Fillet Table  (Read 691 times)

Offline FishAddict

Custom Fillet Table
« on: August 28, 2019, 07:46:50 PM »
I have been trying to get a table like this for the last few years and I finally got the basic part done.  I'm looking for your ideas and reccomendations.  My first descision is if I'm going to leave it bare aluminum, paint it with primer and marine grade paint or powder or cerekote.  I can get it powder coated for $100 so it's not much more than the regular marine grade primer and paint.  My friend who did the fabrication is a fan of regular marine grade paint as I would be able to easily touch it up and sand it off to make future modifications.  There will be a piece of 1/4 or 1/2"starboard as the cutting board.  I had him weld the two flat mounting spots in the corners so I could mount two burnwiin rod holder mounts and one will be a fillet/bait knife.  The back row is cut out for the two different scent bottle styles.  The tray under the fillet board will fit 3 of the waterproof plano boxes and other random tackle.  Other add on's I'm thinking about are wash down hose holder, beer/cup holder, gutting tray, some thing to keep a small igloo cooler full of herring from sliding off, lead holder. 

PS credit to Bruce for letting me copy some of his idea's
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

Offline whale

Re: Custom Fillet Table
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 08:26:10 PM »
I built this cleaning sink, it’s not a table like yours but same idea. I clean my fish as I catch them. Less work at home and I’m fishing for more while doing it. The faucet and drain is a must, I have it hooked up to my wash down pump.
2014 Sea Chaser 17, Yamaha F90, T9.9

Offline FishAddict

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »
Very interesting design.  I'm assuming your just gutting and removing the gills not filleting with that setup?  I like the sink faucet and spot to keep your hose coiled up

Offline GregE

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:38:55 PM »
For both - how are they fastened down?

I see the rear pad on Jake's but does the front go flush or ?
Greg
SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline FishAddict

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
The front will use the round stainless hinges that are on the factory Arima table.  I will probably space it up a 1/8 of a inch or so.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 06:07:30 PM »
I built this cleaning sink, it’s not a table like yours but same idea. I clean my fish as I catch them. Less work at home and I’m fishing for more while doing it. The faucet and drain is a must, I have it hooked up to my wash down pump.

Yup, cleaned fish in this sink and I can tell you.....I'm jeolous I don't have that setup...yet!  :wink:
SR 17 / 115 Etec in Vancouver, BC

Offline SoCalAngler

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »

Did you fab a mold and glass it up yourself?  Very nice!
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter; '98 Honda BF50hp
1988 EZ Loader Roller Trailer
Located in......SoCal

Offline Tunacious

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 09:16:38 PM »
I cerekoted some aluminum seat boxes.
They have held up very well.
I’d do it again.
2003 Sea Ranger 21' HT
2003 130 Honda

Offline FishAddict

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
Can cerekote be touched up or does the whole thing have to get redone?  I’m a little hesitant on powder or cerekote yet because I might decide to weld something else into it.

Offline whale

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 11:43:56 PM »
I used Scotty’s electronic mounts.
2014 Sea Chaser 17, Yamaha F90, T9.9

Offline Tunacious

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
Can cerekote be touched up or does the whole thing have to get redone?  I’m a little hesitant on powder or cerekote yet because I might decide to weld something else into it.

Im not 100 percent sure but I believe cerekote cannot be touched up.  When I had my seat boxes cerekoted it was baked like a powder coat process.

My cerekote feels very different than powder coat.  The cerekote seems like it is permeated into the metal rather than just a coating.
2003 Sea Ranger 21' HT
2003 130 Honda