News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Kodak moments salmon and tuna trip

Started by FishAddict, August 26, 2019, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishAddict

Big thanks to Greg for making these trips happen this summer.  My fishing partner and I took Kodak out for her maiden ocean voyage and made some great memories.  Our first trip was to Willapa Bay and we managed 4 nice Kings and a few coho with the boys on a father and sons outing.  Sent the kiddos home Friday and got Kodak on the water at Westport.  I had to temporarily install my bait tank in the boat so I was a little nervous how the bait would do but it worked perfectly despite looking a little redneck.  Defiance or pacific edge is a minimum of 6-8 weeks out so I just made it work.  It's funny how we manage to find ways to do things when we want to go fishing bad enough.  Friday night we got to talk to old and new friends and Saturday morning we were off and set course for 45 miles SW.  We got a few bait stops going early but they didn't last too long partly because of wind and just maybe a little rusty crew finding their groove again.  We never really got a chance to make it go wide open after the early morning but we managed to keep scratching one or two out at a time the rest of the day.  A buddy called me in on a wide open bite 11 miles south of me but I didn't go because we weren't sure yet f we had the fuel range so we chose to head for the barn.  It was nice to be back early for once and get everything cleaned up before heading home.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

GregE

You had better success than we did.  Started off at 28 / 40 and had one troll hit but buddy had left the lever in free spool and by the time I figured that out and engaged it the line broke.

I had one bait hit that was heavy and kept going deeper before I tightened the drag a bit ...........  and broke the top shot line.  WE went south off the CR but didn't go west of the 124 44

I stopped by the boat about 830 Friday eve and took a couple pics.  Here's the bait tank on the temporary board mount.

Tell us about the rectangular  slurry tank and the wrap.  That looks about the right size to fit in the bait well

Our tank set up  and trip pic

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

FishAddict

My bleed/slurry can is the Brute blue recycling can from Home Depot.  I cut out and wrapped it with the sheet of foam insulation and then used the 2 inch foil tape to seal the edges and seems.  I made a lid out of the foam too and it keeps the slurry really cold.  It fits 4-7 fish depending on their size then I move them to the fish boxes or kill bags after they get 15-30 minutes to chill. 
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150