News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Westport Tuna

Started by FishAddict, August 10, 2019, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishAddict

Made a run out Thursday about 45 miles SW.  The morning started out a little slow with singles and a few doubles in the troll with no conversions.  Afternoon went WFO and every troll bite converters to bait.  Good luck out there and don't quite too early.

21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

FishAddict

Wiley

Niiiice haul there.. wow that looks like fun :food:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Mooch

Quote from: Wiley on August 10, 2019, 07:10:27 PM
Niiiice haul there.. wow that looks like fun :food:
and a lot of work.  That should keep the pressure cooker busy over the weekend.  ;)
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

GregE

Wow Jake  :clap:

Show us your bait tank setup.
Where did you place the slurry bucket?

Inquiring minds....
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

FishAddict

This last trip I put the slurry bucket in the motor well and held it in place with a few straps.  It works well you just have to set it up so you can easily move it if anyone is helpful and tangles their fish in the prop.

Bait tank is a 50 gallon defiance big salt and a 1100 gallon pump 1.5 inch outflow.  Keeps the bait perfect.  I drain the tank for the run in as I usually have a few fish and dropping the 400 pounds of water helps keep things somewhat efficient.

GregE

36??  good grief!!  HOw many crew?

How do you carry enough ice?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

BestBoats

Nicely done! Great fishing right now...really as good as it gets! Thanks for the report!
2007 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop "THE A-TEAM"
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

Salishseaman

I count 30 plush fish. 6 rods. Excessive, no?.
82 Sea Hunter 15. 2014 Yamaha F75

FishAddict

I use kill bags for the ice about 400-500 pounds.  I actually had enough ice and kill bags to take care of another 15-20 fish without cutting the heads off.  I didn't want to get too greedy so I made the crew stop fishing.  One more cast can put a bunch of fish on the deck in a hurry. I fish a 3 man crew for tuna and I have no kill bags or coolers on the deck.

Crackerbox

Mooch

Absolutely Epic, FA.   :clap:

If this picture doesn't answer questions about whether Arima's are butt heavy or not, I don't know what will.  Ice, bait tank 700# of fish and a 150 is a total mic drop and the next time we have that debate I dropping this pic on them.   :rimshot:

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

rasslingref

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Arimadrifter

17' Arima SC with 2017 90hp Yamaha

Markshoreline

Awesome day fishing!!!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

wedocq

Quote from: Salishseaman on August 11, 2019, 10:17:53 PM
I count 30 plush fish. 6 rods. Excessive, no?.

NO!

But seriously, we can our fish. Once canned it's good indefinitely. I feed my whole family. So absolutely not, not excessive! Some years aren't as good as others. Its great some are out there getting them!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Redhawk

Very nice haul! What rod/reel/line combo are you using?
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

FishAddict

Rods and reels vary depending on their purpose. 

Troll - Rods - simple/cheap ugly tiger rods 7ft I believe they are 30-80 MH/reels are the old US Penn 4/0 and 6/0 because I had several.  I replaced the drags with carbon fiber drags and they have held up well.  It is 500 yards of 100# braid with a 50-60# mono top shot of 100-200 yards so 700 yards of line is way overkill, but if I ever hook a marlin I'll have a small chance.  We saw a Striped Marlin jump multiple times on a trip this year.  During bottom fishing time I just strip the top shot off and use them for Halibut and Lingcod.

Live Bait Rods - I haven't spent big money here on the rods just the two piece Ugly Tiger sticks in the Medium 20-50 lbs with a Avet JX reel loaded with 65 lbs braid and a 30 lbs fluorocarbon top shot about 15-20 ft.

Swim Bait Rods - 7 ft ugly stick spinning rods with 4000 or 5000 series Penn Battle reels and 50 or 65# braid with a 40lbs top shot of fluorocarbon

Iron Rods - I'm currently using the shimano butterfly trevala rods in MH 6'6" and a Shimano Torium with 65 braid to 40 lbs fluorocarbon and whatever your favorite jig is.

Trefin Jack Poles

I have about 20 rods on board each trip so the rocket launcher and every other rod holder gets put to use.  I will probably buy better gear overtime but, I have killed many fish on this budget based gear.  I'm sure everyone has their favorite setups, but I take a lot of friends that don't have any of their own gear so it hurts a little less when they break or drop one overboard.

Redhawk

Thanks for the info! Cheap stuff can do just fine so that's what I use. I have a sturdy stick and an Okuma Magda 30DXt loaded with 80# braid.
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke