News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Folbe rod holders

Started by Fisherdv, July 19, 2019, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

Been using the Folbe standard size rod holders for a while now and I gotta say they are awesome. So far, they are the best rod holders I've used. I've fished Sturgeon with them, drift fished Halibut, trolled for Halibut, and they work great for all of it. I will be trolling for Salmon soon and I'm sure they'll be great for that to. The rod and reel lock in tight, and it is super easy to pick the rod straight up and out to fight a fish. Thanks to Dbobby23 for mentioning them to me. I also like how the bait casting rods and reels stay straight up in the reeling position. I only got 2 so I could test them out, but I will be picking up 2 more.

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

jamaica

1994 19' Sea Ranger 150hp Merc 2stk 9.9hp Yam

Fisherdv

I got them on Amazon. Looks like the prices increased. You can also order direct from the Folbe web site. They appear to be cheaper there.

mustang65fbk

Standard size as in NOT the Folbe Jr's?
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Fisherdv

Quote from: mustang65fbk on July 20, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
Standard size as in NOT the Folbe Jr's?
Yes. I use the standard size for my ocean/Sturgeon sized rods. The JR. size would be great for salmon rods, and smaller diameter rods.

The reel pictured above is an Avet SX.

mustang65fbk

My buddy used to work for a company that made the Folbe rod holders and he gave me a couple of the larger sized ones and the Folbe Jr rod holders along with a couple mounts, arms and so on.  I've yet to mount them on my downriggers as I've been lazy but will be doing so before Wednesday when area 9 opens for kings.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

AJFishin

Very nice Fisher, I might be ditching my old garbage ones for s pair of Flobes.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Wiley

Would you say ,worth the additional 50% over the Scotty's?
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Fisherdv

Quote from: Wiley on July 20, 2019, 08:56:05 PM
Would you say ,worth the additional 50% over the Scotty's?
Absolutely! I compared the two side by side and returned the Scotty Orcas. I still do have the regular Scotty's rod holders though, and a few of the rocket launcher SS type holders, but been using the Folbes now.

dbhazjack

Nice holders. I have loved my Burnewiin system. I use their holders for everything from trout to Hali when I'm not using the downriggers for salmon.

2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Svinny88

X2 on the Burnewiin mounts and holders one of the best mods on my boat. Pricey, but well worth it the ability to adjust rod angles without messing with wing bolts was well worth it
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"

Wiley

Dang it I already committed to 2 Scotty's last year.  They're ok but I figured these others were better.. sometimes being a titewad bites me in the arss... gonna have to see if I can improve what I have...
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!