Author Topic: Transducer Mount  (Read 184 times)

Online Croaker Stroker

Transducer Mount
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:37:13 PM »
I have never been happy with the plastic transducer mounting bracket. It is well made and probably would have been fine. One problem is that the teeth on the adjustable hinge limit the adjustment to tooth-to-tooth. On my boat, either it was too far up or too far down.  And I’d rather have SS than plastic.

The new metal bracket is expensive and the reviews say that it rusts. It is very heavy duty. (Should be for the cost $$$). They sent me three English installation manuals.

Now I am able to get infinate adjustment of the angle...We’ll see how it works.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Before and after shots....
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax”. 🇺🇸

Offline AJFishin

Re: Transducer Mount
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
Very nice Croaker, good upgrade and having the infinite adjustments comes in handy when you're on the water and need a quick adjustment.  :clap:
1996 Sea Chaser 16, soon to be with a Suzuki DF60AV

R.I.P. Yamaha 70, 2 smoker

Offline Fisherdv

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »
That bracket looks much better! I had the same problem with an old Lowrance transducer. Was either to high, or too low. It had these little plastic gears that you could re-align, but it was a PITA to get it right.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda 60HP

Offline SoCalAngler

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 06:34:33 AM »
Croaker, nice bracket!
I recently purchased a Lowance HDS7 Carbon......may need to use this ss bracket too.

Where did you purchase it from?

Thanks
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter
1987 EZ Loader
Located in......SoCal