News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Recommended trailer size for sea explorer 16

Started by Laserguy, June 30, 2019, 04:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laserguy

What would have been the OEM trailer size or rated capacity for 1990's -2000's 1511 SE/SC? Were there specific recommended brands or was this up entirely to the dealer?

Any owners: What wt rating do you run?

I need to buy a trailer and need to know if a 2100 lb rated trailer is good enough or step up to 2300 or 2500. Late 90's SE 16. Seems like a lot of trailer but don't want to be pushing the max rating.

Roller vs bunk?

My previous boat has an ez loader 14-18 2100# roller model. Dry weight spec of the hull is 1100 pounds, like Sea explorer, with a carbureted Johnson 115, approximate weight 370 pounds. The trailer is overloaded I think, which makes me cautious about under buying this trailer.  On paper they look similar except the current boat is a foot longer

PS I had originally posted a question about the weight of an explorer in the arima life forum but thought it would be prudent to ask the more direct question about the trailer model recommendations

Yachter Yat

Hi Laser:  I'm running an EZ Loader roller 15-18 2800# under my 16 SC.  Obviously, your Explorer is a bit heavier than my 2000# in-the-water Chaser.  Consequently, I believe this model may be a good choice.  Yes, in my case, I may be just a bit oversized, but I'd rather have it that way.   Two things I should mention here:  First, I wanted the width so the boat could sit between the fenders.  Secondly, I also wanted 14" wheels; something that just happened to be high on my trailer priority list.   

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

My new SC16 came on a 2100# ez loaded trailer. It's been fine, but if I had the choice, I would have gone 1 up to 2300#. IIRC, COB has a 16 Sea explorer in the years you mention, and it's on a 2300# trailer.

Also consider the size, length and width of the different rated trailers. Especially if you need to fit in a tight garage.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

I'm sure a quick phone call to Belinda at Defiance Marine would be all the info that you'd need.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

croaker stroker

A longer trailer makes it easier to launch without getting your rear wheels wet on your tow vehicle.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Chief of the Boat

I have a 2300# EZ-Loader roller under my porky SE, I would prefer the 2800# bunk or roller trailer.   The 2800/3100 has bigger tires, tongue and frame then the 2300#

Svinny88

Go with the heaviest, largest trailer you can afford    My se is on a 3000lb trailer? I believe?  Single axle, but if I had  to buy a new one, I would get a dual axle trailer, but I frequently tow 150-300 miles 1 way, with the occasional 2-3000 mile round trip to Florida. Although , if I towed less than 10 miles one way, it wouldn't matter what size the trailer is, as long as it had wheels on it lol   
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"