News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

No more option to delete posts or pictures?

Started by Fisherdv, June 04, 2019, 07:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

I recently noticed the delete option for posts and pictures is now gone. Why? There are times I may only want a picture posted in my gallery for a short time. We may sometimes need to delete a post for different reasons. With no delete option what you post or picture is permanent, so post carefully. I may not post anymore pictures for this reason. I would like the option to delete if needed. Anyone around the world can do a search of something non-related and come across your pictures.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Hunter

I know that on the Harley forum that I run we give an edit option for a limited amount of time..... 5 days.... in case someone makes a mistake or wants to update..    Also gives folks a chance to make corrections, or maybe re-think something that they regretted posting..   After that if someone really wants to change something they can contact a mod and request it..

But the main reason that deletes are problematic is that you can have an entire thread of valuable information that suddenly doesn't make any sense because everyone was responding to the original post that's now deleted. 

As far as pictures go... I guess just be aware that any posted pic once on the internet even for a second can be FOREVER...    For example.... I would never post a picture from about 15 years ago with me in a hot tub with a naked Selma Heyak...  because my wife might see it...and because I've never met Selma Heyak.......except of course for the time I picked her up when she was hitch hiking in northern Wyoming on my way to Sturgis...

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

headduck

My last post has the option to remove. Perhaps you weren't logged in?

Agree about the benefits of said feature.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Fisherdv

Quote from: Hunter on June 04, 2019, 08:12:57 AM
I know that on the Harley forum that I run we give an edit option for a limited amount of time..... 5 days.... in case someone makes a mistake or wants to update..    Also gives folks a chance to make corrections, or maybe re-think something that they regretted posting..   After that if someone really wants to change something they can contact a mod and request it..

But the main reason that deletes are problematic is that you can have an entire thread of valuable information that suddenly doesn't make any sense because everyone was responding to the original post that's now deleted. 

As far as pictures go... I guess just be aware that any posted pic once on the internet even for a second can be FOREVER...    For example.... I would never post a picture from about 15 years ago with me in a hot tub with a naked Selma Heyak...  because my wife might see it...and because I've never met Selma Heyak.......except of course for the time I picked her up when she was hitch hiking in northern Wyoming on my way to Sturgis...

Well I hope she doesn't see that! I'm jealous! 😂

StreamFixer

You have 24 hours to remove or edit a post.  Then you may ask a moderator to do it for you...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

Ok, thank you. I wonder if it didn't show because I was on my iPhone?

mustang65fbk

I did that for me on my computer the other day when I was logged in.  I don't know if there was an issue or glitch with the site but it gave me the option to do it about 10 minutes later.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Fisherdv

I tried to delete an upside down photo I just added to my gallery, and tried to delete a few others. It says I don't have permission to delete them. I don't see why not, I posted them 🤷🏻‍♂️ I used to be able to delete photos with no problems, but I can't anymore. Looks like I'd have to delete my whole gallery to do so.

Markshoreline

"But the main reason that deletes are problematic is that you can have an entire thread of valuable information that suddenly doesn't make any sense because everyone was responding to the original post that's now deleted."

As Hunter stated as quoted above, the content on the forum needs to make sense even if members want to delete mistakes.  Just contact the moderators and we will help you.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9