News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Trailer Bearing Question???

Started by Ocean Pulse, April 29, 2019, 08:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocean Pulse

Hoping on some input, regarding my trailer. I have a 2005 dual axle EZ Loader with bunks. The rear axle has original oil bath hubs. I just upgraded those, to the new aluminum replacements from EZ Loader. I really like this set up.

Here is where I'd like some input, on what direction to head. The previous owner, had the front axle brakes replaced. He had Kodiak 10" surge discs put on. The Kodiak hub is a grease fitting bearing, not oil bath. On top of that, the installer only put on the basic dust/grease caps. IMO, not the best for submerging in salt.

1) Do I retrofit with the Kodiak oil bath replacement cap? (Heard mixed reviews)

2) Use a different cover (ex. Bearing Buddy or EZ Lube) & just stick with 2 different systems?

3) Replace the brakes, with a Kodiak slide over disc, on an EZ Loader hub, and use the Reliable Oil Bath from EZ Loader? (How often do brake systems need replacing?)

Fire away...open to any ideas or input!
Greg
2005 21' Sea Ranger HT w/2023 Tohatsu140hp & Yamaha 9.9ht
2005 Willies 16x54  Drift Boat w/2014 Yamaha 8hp
1991 17' Sea Chaser w/2012 E-Tech 75hp (sold)