News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

21 Sea Ranger HT 2011 hull, 2015 150 Etec motor, 100hours sold

Started by westporter, June 03, 2019, 08:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westporter

Boat is in very good shape, bottom painted, very low hours. Comes with a single axle aluminum trailer in likewise very nice shape. I am in Connecticut but moving to California and the boat is coming with us to Newport Beach. Will be in Califonia on 6/29. We aren't sure we will use it enough to justify the high dockage and storage cost. It's in very nice shape, just serviced, the saddle tanks have never been filled. New decals on order as the originals have faded. We bought it with an Etec 130 but that wasn't enough so it was repowered with 150 in 2015, I got an extended warranty which I believe runs through 2022 but I need to verify. Needs nothing has always been well cared for by professionals - the only thing I have ever done myself was fill it with gas. Detailing, bottom prep (barrier coats) and bottom painting (every other year), as well as engine maintenance, has always been done by a local Evinrude shop and boat dealer.  $33.5k The last photo with the boat attached to the Nissan Pathfinder was when I brought it home with the then Etec 130, again, new engine is a 2015 150. Any interest parties on the East Coast, speak up soon!

Added per request below:

The hull of this boat is a 2008 but it was first sold then commissioned in 2011 by the original owner who bought it directly from the factory back then. I am waiting for the company to open this morning to get confirmation, which I already did back in 2014 when I bought it.

headduck

Beautiful boat. Fairly priced. I imagine there will be plenty of interest in this one. (Rocknocker?)

Best of luck with the sale and the journey.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

rockknocker

Thank you. Yes i already talked to the owner. I am interested if it gets back to California. 
2004 Arima 21 sea ranger teak pilothouse 150hp honda 9.9 honda tr1 garmin hds12 gen 2 4g
Plus 11 other arimas owned in my past

westporter

:mememe: :mememe: I am trying to edit my post. I made an important error that I promise was not an intentional omission. It had just been several years since I had even thought about it. The hull of this boat is a 2008 but it was first sold then commissioned in 2011 by the original owner who bought it directly from the factory back then. I am waiting for the company to open this morning to get confirmation, which I already did back in 2014 when I bought it. My sincerest apologies for this mistake, there was no intent to deceive anyone. I am just in the process of moving my family East to West and my head is a little loose. I did not take any photos of the interior before it was shrink wrapped but have been asked for them. This is the best I could do, sorry about that, I am not a particularly good seller.

Fisherdv

IIRC, the year of manufacture can be determined by the serial numbers
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Fisherdv on June 14, 2019, 09:03:33 AM
IIRC, the year of manufacture can be determined by the serial numbers

:yeahthat:     The last two numbers should be the year it was produced. 

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=7870.0
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

headduck

2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

waldocod

I don't think anyone would be too concerned about a few years age difference of the hull. I know I wouldn't be. The year and model engine would be my priority. And yours seems just fine!
2002 Sea Legend HT "Crazy Carol"

mustang65fbk

Speak for yourself.  I definitely lost sleep over it last night....

Boatboy44

While not seeing it personally, I can vouch for the condition of this boat. I almost bought it. Saw a lot of
Photos, and spoke to the mechanics that have done any and all of the work. Even though ultimately it wasn't quite right for me, it is a solid, solid boat for the price. I also had two different rides worked out as well, if I were to pull the trigger. Seller was willing to work on with me on any transport fees. If anyone is looking for an unadultered, "blank canvas" hull, this is it. Build your dream boat. Ultimately, I need to fish tomorrow and didn't have time to dial this boat in. Instead, just plunked down for my re-power today.

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

westporter

The boat has arrived in Newport Beach California. Several people messaged me to let them know when it got here. It came out on a flat bed, shrink wrapped, and is ready for the water. I plan on launching it this weekend.

Wiley

Keep it, Newport is an awesome place to have a boat... C.S. Or other SoCal brothers can help you out with that I'm sure... or maybe if you can get him to stop drooling over the Steigers...  :bigshock:
Beautiful boat for sure, maybe it's me drooling again.... oooops .... yup it's me... dam neck brace...
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

westporter

Hi All,

Today I am pulling the boat to put it in dry storage at the same marina where it has been kept in the water. The family and I have only been able to use it once all summer and I am lowering the price to $29k. Thank you for reading.

benj2853

Hate to be off topic, but ummm...what is that tow vehicle being used in the last photo of the original post?
19 Arima Hard Top - 140 Suzuki
"Salmon Scammer"

Markshoreline

I think the first pic is a Landcruiser, the second is a 4 Runner, but don't know #3...  Maybe a Murano?

Hunter

Quote from: Markshoreline on October 07, 2019, 05:16:59 PM
I think the first pic is a Landcruiser, the second is a 4 Runner, but don't know #3...  Maybe a Murano?

Either way.....  I think a fully loaded 21 really would be whole lot happier with 1/2 ton pickup and a dual axel trailer.   Landcruiser...maybe.....   4 Runner... might be adequate for a close launch ramp..      Murano.... seems inadequate. 
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Hunter on October 07, 2019, 05:50:59 PM

and a dual axel trailer.

I was wondering the same thing about why they'd have a single axle trailer on a 21' boat.  I have and would definitely want a dual axle trailer for a 21' boat and think this is the first time I've seen a 21' Arima with a single axle trailer.  Even the 19's generally come with a 50/50 shot of having a dual axle trailer.

Markshoreline

While returning to the Denver airport this morning I went past a SUV that matched the pic- Nissan Pathfinder!

DevMah

Quote from: mustang65fbk on October 07, 2019, 09:20:33 PM
Quote from: Hunter on October 07, 2019, 05:50:59 PM

and a dual axel trailer.

I was wondering the same thing about why they'd have a single axle trailer on a 21' boat.  I have and would definitely want a dual axle trailer for a 21' boat and think this is the first time I've seen a 21' Arima with a single axle trailer.  Even the 19's generally come with a 50/50 shot of having a dual axle trailer.

My 21 is on a single axle the reason why is that a single axle is more maneuverable than a dual axle. When my boat comes home I have a narrow one way back alley the single axle is easier to jackknife and spin around than a dual axle.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

westporter

When we lived in CT prior to relocating to CA, it was the trailer the boat came with. I bought it from the original owner. I didn't replace it because the launch ramp was about 2 miles from the house. Where we live now the storage lot is only 200 yards from the ramp. If I were going to keep the boat and roam around with it, I'd replace the trailer to a 2 axle but as someone else has posted, the single axle does give it maneuverability. There are 3 cars that I have towed the boat with: Land Cruiser, Pathfinder (terrible car) and 4Runner Limited (V8 and an excellent tow vehicle for this boat and trailer combo).

ohmytodd

For a 21 I'd think you would want nothing less than an 8 cylinder tow rig. That Pathfinder in your pics looks to be the newer model, when they switched from the truck frame to what is essentially a minivan chassis and rounded everything. I agree, a terrible car all around.

2012 was the last year of the "real" Pathfinder V6 that will tow 7000# and is a beast of an everyday small SUV (I have one and looked long and hard for it). The 2013 and newer maxes out at 5000# and have a horrible drivetrain. The pre-2013 Pathfinder V6 and pre-2010 V8 4Runners actually have about the same tow ratings at ~7k. Newer 4Runners max out at 5000, which is just nuts for the $$ they charge but too many people look at fuel economy before towing capacity.

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Hunter

Towing capacity seems to always be the main discussion point..... but stopping capability is probably something equally if not more important to consider.   I personally don't really buy the concept that a single axel trailer on a 21 or 19 is the better option simply because it is easier to maneuver.   If you can't back your trailer (dual or single) exactly where you need it to go, then you may need to re-evaluate your skills.   

I really think that if any of us had a choice of the preferred trailer for an SR - 21..... and price was not a factor, that anyone would choose the dual axel as the much better option.   

But that's just my opinion!!     
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Markshoreline

As someone who has has experienced tire failure on a 4 wheel trailer I'm in that club.  However, if I had to maneuver into a driveway in a  an outer alley I'd seriously want a single axle.

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Hunter on October 09, 2019, 05:37:07 PM
Towing capacity seems to always be the main discussion point..... but stopping capability is probably something equally if not more important to consider.   I personally don't really buy the concept that a single axel trailer on a 21 or 19 is the better option simply because it is easier to maneuver.   If you can't back your trailer (dual or single) exactly where you need it to go, then you may need to re-evaluate your skills.   

I really think that if any of us had a choice of the preferred trailer for an SR - 21..... and price was not a factor, that anyone would choose the dual axel as the much better option.   

But that's just my opinion!!     

Agree completely.  I've seen boats on the side of the highway or road where they had a single axle trailer and were sitting on the brake rotors because they lost an axle or whatnot.  Not sure if that would sink the trailer low enough to scrape the bottom of the boat but it would definitely make you have to get new rotors for the trailer.  With a double axle trailer hopefully it wouldn't happen where both tires/wheels on the same side did that at the same time and where your boat wouldn't be scraping the pavement or getting close to it.  Hopefully you'd just have to fix the flat tire and keep your repair costs relatively low, or free if you have a spare already and either limp it to a tire shop or be able to change it yourself if you have a spare.  I also agree on the maneuverability argument.  Our beach cabin is on a very narrow one lane private gravel road that doesn't make it easy to park a trailer but I do it with my dual axle trailer.  Sometimes it will take me a second try but I can usually figure it out the first time around.