News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

King Trailer Spindle Diameter

Started by waldocod, April 22, 2019, 05:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waldocod

Needing to buy a few backup bearing sets.Just wondering if anyone has a King Trailer and knows the axle spindle diameter? I know the hub takes 1.98" diameter bearings but not sure of the i.d. I'm just being lazy and don't want to remove anything yet!
Not sure of my model trailer but I tow a Sea Legend HT. It's a 32 roller,dual axle trailer
2002 Sea Legend HT "Crazy Carol"

ThePatriot

Is it a tapered spindle or the same size throughout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waldocod

So far, I'm trying to avoid removing anything to find out! Was hoping someone had the same trailer and knew the spindle size and type

waldocod

Ok, got it all figured out! Thanks!

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Fisherdv

Good advice Yat. Doing a complete bearing, race, and grease job on the side of the road would not be fun. Whole hub assembly, pre-greased, ready to go would be much more do-able. Just be careful with the rear seals.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Fisherdv

Also, like you said, with so many variables of trailer axles, bearings, races, etc., you really need to get the correct part numbers stamped on your current bearings and races. If a bearing overheated, good chance the race is no good also. Pressing out and installing a race road side would not be fun.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

waldocod

Hello all! My trailer has a tapered spindle so I was able to use the #84 bearing spindle kit as spares. However, the return home will have a few spare hub/bearings in my tote. I repacked all the bearings, replaced the rear seal. Races looked good as well. The 2600 mile tow up the Homer was uneventful and problem free. Lots of diligent inspections every night reassured me of a successful tow! I towed with a 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost. Handled the load with no problem.
Now to fishing for the summer!!!