News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

2019 17ft Sea Ranger

Started by Rippinlips, March 03, 2019, 08:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rippinlips

Quick question. We finally got our boat out Saturday. Is it normal to have alot of water coming into the washout area by motor. The waterline is super close the edge. Not used to that. Thank you.
2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

Omega3

It is normal to have water in the splash well.Although the ultra heavy Honda 115 plus the kicker and battery or 2 put you over 600 pounds and close to 700 with 2 batteries.Add a full tank of fuel and your pushing 900 lbs on the stern of the boat.Add gear and a couple people back there and there is almost as much weight in the rear 3 feet of the boat relative to the weight of the entire hull.
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Rippinlips

Thanks that's what I figured. Just wanted another opinion.
2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

Fisherdv

It is called a "splashwell". But as Omega said, most of the weight in these boats really builds up fast in the rear. Do you have a water tank up front? If so, fill it. Also try to store as many heavy items as possible up front to offset the heavy rearend. Do a search here as well about this, lots of discussion/ideas. Enjoy that new boat! I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just balance out some weight.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Fishgriller

I second that.  Honda 115 is a great outboard, but very heavy, 80-100lbs heavier than competitors 115's.  Try to store gear more forward to balance out some weight.  Also, do you have trim tabs?  Trim tabs can be helpful.
2018 Sea Chaser 17, 2018 Yamaha F115

Mooch

Perfectly normal.  Just think of your splashwell as an "enclosed off-shore bracket".  Of course if your taking a lot of water into you splashwell while on plane in heavy following seas you might want to consider heaving to or heading in for the day.   :bigshock:
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Rippinlips

Thank you. No fresh water tank in the new boats. Last boat was aluminum so just figured i would ask. Splash well was word i was looking for. Thank you.
2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp

Rippinlips

Yes we ordered the trim tabs also. She porpoises coming out the hole. Very happy we have them.
2019 Sea Ranger 17ft
Honda 115hp
Honda 8hp