News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Seat Box Cushion Replacement?

Started by Sea Señor, April 22, 2019, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Señor

I think this might have been discussed in another thread about sleeper seats but couldn't tell exactly what type of seat cushion people were referring to.

Has anyone found a replacement for the cushion on the seat box? I believe it's roughly a 14'' x 14.5'' cushion (added pics below). We're upgrading the seats on our SC and as you can see in the pics, this thing is nasty. Ideally there's a factory replacement but any off-the-shelf product that fits will do for us.

Thanks for any help.

La-Z-Buoy

I think that your best bet is to hit up your local upholstery shop. Odds are that they would be less expensive than Arima/Defiance. And it would give you more options as to what you wanted. That's what I would do.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

GregE

Yep- that's beyond a little vinyl cleaner. 

YOu can replace snap locations to match what you find- There are different sized seat boxes.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

SB Steve

I was going to try these guys out to replace the companion seat cushion after I install my new helm seats:

http://www.affordableboatcushions.com/bench-hardback-smooth

58Johnson

I had my seat cushion redone by a boat upholstery shop. Not sure of the cost, it was part of a package deal. Looks just like GregE's.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

Chief of the Boat

I had Defiance/Arima make 4 cushions when the new seats went in.  I had them make a couple of smaller cushions for when the seats are slid all the way back.   I think they were about $150 apiece, I don't think their current cushions have piping.

Marine40

What happened to the piping?  First the color went from blue to no color " brown "  gone and now no piping?
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

Chief of the Boat

Sea Señor

Thanks for all the info here. I think I'll give Defiance/Arima a call and see if they can help me replace it. If not I'll probably look around for a local upholstery shop.

Svinny88

I'd go to a local upholstery shop.  The boat factory's just use someone else anyway most of the time    Find a reputable upholsterer, and since it's not canvas work, I'd look for someone who does furniture or automotive seats   As long as you have the old one, it's a simple thing for them to replicate   Should be less than 100$ a seat , unless they are booked, then you might have to pay more to get it done before next year lol. If you are handy with tools, you can buy some material and try to do it yourself with an ez stitcher sewing awl. You will have to cut all the stitching off your seats and turn them into patterns   Then get some clear plastic, trace the stitching lines, and transpose to new material   Then just stitch by hand on the lines you will probably have 30-40$ in material per seat though
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"