News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

PDX Rats Group Testing

Started by woody, February 05, 2012, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody

Don't know if this will garner any interest but do any of the PDX Arima Rats (by the way PDX means Vancouver boys and everyone served by the PDX airport) want to get together on a "post winter" water trials of our boats?

Lots of work done over the winter, 3Wgt electrical and starboard, StreamFixer rebuild of his control, Keeler's engine, etc, etc. and most of us working on a bunch of little things and thinking about cobwebs we might have.

If there is an interest we could meet, say at Hawthorne (or any good ramp) and launch, do test runs and trailer our boats.  Hooking up our boats (most of do it by our selves) and driving to the launch is a one person job.  But dropping in the water, good test run, retrieval is best accomplished with two or three people. Most of are familiar with each others boats so it should make it easy.

Few tools, electrical equipment and opinions/talent/help could diagnose/repair/fix little problems that crop up.  No limit on participants or discussion of a centralized meeting place.

Just a thought.

Woody

fishorcrab

Woody,

Are you thinking about a day and time?  My boat is at the coast but would be happy to be a crew member.

Paul
SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Vancouvertechie

Heck yeah!  I am open to whatever. 
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

StreamFixer

VT

I'll bring my big first aid kit......   :clap:

I too need to check some systems...

Let's do it before this beautiful weather turns to crap...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Threeweight

I'm up to my neck in Star Board... should be finished this week, though.  Would like to do a shake-down run before serious springer fever sets in.

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

woody

Steve, I'm open.  Finish your work, let us know.  Danno?  Play time?

Woody

Danno

Deb's home for the next week. I 'm going to take advantage of that time to spend it with her before she returns to So Cal. So don't wait for me.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

StreamFixer

Uh Woody

I think he said yes to your question ...  Just not with us   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Vancouvertechie

Any updates on when is this going to happen?

VT

woody

I have to check out the river flows, check with 3Wgt as to his progress. Russ and I should be OK on short notice.  Danno can probably spare a couple of hours.

Woody

StreamFixer

Of course Woody will choose a warm, sunny day.  We sure as the dickens would not want to get cold and/or wet   :hoboy:  ....  We only want to check the boats out in conditions under which we are likely to be fishing   :clap: :gone_fishing:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

fishorcrab

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90

Threeweight

Got all the Star Board in yesterday, now need to do a few tweaks, re-mount my fire extinguisher, fuse bus, etc... and I'll be ready to hit the water.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

woody

Paul, just looking for flows that signal less debris.  Also (from past expierences) a flow rate low enough that a kicker is useful going up or down since we will be working with those at times.

Have been on the W, near OC when the flow was so fast I could not make headway upstream with my kicker.  Had to use main.

Since we are testing I'd like it slow enough that you can come back on your kicker if necessary or call one of us for a tow. Actually a visual is a better call.

Sounds like 3Wgt's close. Not sure when Helv is going to be ready.  I'm open about anytime it's safe. VT's always ready as is Streamfixer, BigMac, Fishorcrab and Danno (crew) and a few others. These are some of the guys who we can use as crew/fishing buddies on the W near Sellwood for springers and any one else who find it easier to hitch a ride there rather then tow/launch/etc.  Crews are often needed esp. weekdays and company appreciated.

Woody

helvetiachaser

Cool guys, please count me in. I'm not finished with everything, but it'l float. I have to work again next week. let me know when your thinking of a day.
Randy
89 17' Sea Ranger
Mercury 115

Caston

I don't have a ride of my own but would love the chance to see how different Arimas handle in the water. I could be of some use. I am mechanically inclined should any problems arise, an EMT should something unthinkable happen, and have spent enough time on the water to know my way around a boat. I don't want to over sell it but I'm not to bad to look at either...  :whistle:  
'94 Sea Chaser 17
'97 Honda 90
'99 Honda 8
everyone goes home

woody

Since some of us have a little more time off then others so we're going to just have to throw out some days/times and see what happens.  I don't have any problems on opening my boat up, nor do most of the Arima Rats.

Gaston, no boat, no problem, its check out/testing/learning time.  EMT status is good, I'm got EMS background so it's covered.  With us, cuteness counts. We always invite BigMac along because with his background he's an asset if Streamfixer gets sick.

So. I'm open. weekdays my preference but could do a weekend if we do it before the Springer crowds build. I'm thinking just post what will not/will not work and we'll see what will happen.  I'm not looking for dates you can't, just weekdays vs. weekends peferences.

Finn, you don't have to show up, you already know our boats and are welcome anytime. You've already done your OTJ training.

Woody

StreamFixer

Quote from: Caston on February 13, 2012, 05:00:59 PM
I don't want to over sell it but I'm not to bad to look at either...  

Given the rest of your post, and to conclude with this obviously unbiased statement clearly demonstrates that your modesty and humbleness knows no bounds.  :bowdown: :bowdown:  Be sure to be there, you will fit right in with Woody's notoriety in those characteristics.   :nono:

I'll be happy to take the lead in this matter.

Friday, Feb. 17, 10:30 am @ OC's newly remodeled launch under the I-205 bridge (SportCraft launch is what I know it as).  There didn't used to be a launch fee.  I'll check that out tomorrow

Unless of course it is cold and rainy in which case we need to convene at the Still House (Opens at 11,  but it will take us that long to see if it is cold and rainy enuf to cancel the sea trials....

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

woody

I've penciled that in for a good starting point.  Still open. Will Fri work?  or is Sat more friendly?

Woody

StreamFixer

Sattidy (18th) will work for me

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Vancouvertechie

Friday I plan to fish either Merwin or Columbia near St. Helens.  I haven't bought my out of state Invasive permit for Oregon.  That is another 22.00 for us out of staters.  I am not familiar with the OC launch, but I am sure I can find it. 

What about the Columbia or is that too far? 

VT

fishorcrab

Friday works for me. I'm out of town Saturday  Beginning to sound like more than one shake down test.

in Google maps, enter "1701 Clackamette Drive, Oregon City, OR"

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90

StreamFixer

Quote from: Vancouvertechie on February 13, 2012, 08:50:54 PM
What about the Columbia or is that too far? 

I would anticipate there will be several boats getting wiring, motors, etc checked out with this outing.  I am not familiar with any free launches north of the Gladstone/Meldrum bar area.  The OC launch has just been remodeled so we can launch and tie up on both sides of the dock.  No launch/parking fee.

Streamfixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

woody

Besides VT, your boat has been checked out more then once this year.  Going to pull BigMac out for springers on the W this year, his boat is hard to up and move so we want him in ours.  Gaston? Fishorcrab? 3Wgt? Danno? any others?

So far Streamfixer and my boat are confirmed for basically any date prior to Springer! crowds.

Seems an interest from several guys to come check things out, compare, BS and team for testing and maybe Springers! (gonna try 3Wgts banger for luck like he does to Tuna!).

Just to clarify I'm available W-T-F-Sa-Su (Feb 15-19) this week, W-T-F-Sa-Su next (Feb 22-26), and probably all of the folowing week (Feb 27-Mar 4) after that.  That covers until March 4th, and that's the longest I want to wait.  Springer! will take up March on I hope. Don't wany to go longer

Woody

Vancouvertechie

I thought Friday would work, but my wife reminded me that the girls are out of school that day.  We need to get my daughters new passports and that process requires both parents to be there.

VT