News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Very well done restored 17' Arima SR, anyone on this site?

Started by wedocq, February 03, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Enniberg

Add a skiff top and it would look very familiar  :biggrin:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (unknown)

Fish On

....and the larger Arima wouldn't happen to be a 19' Chaser  :anyone:
'04 21 SR HT/150 Honda - Yammie T8 - Lovin' it

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

vxhatch

Nice boat! Looks familiar   :biggrin:

Have a deposit on the boat and the guy is flying down from Alaska on the 18th to do a test run and take it back to AK.  :beerchug:

Nick
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

fishing eagle

Nicely restored boat and we can see from all Vxhatch's photos that he performed the restoration with professionalism and love for his Arima. It is worth every penny of the sale price and I am sure the buyer knows it too. Congrats to seller & buyer.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

amazing grace

Congrats vxhatch. He sure got a dandy 17'er. I love the fact it is heading to Alaska. Is he going to rent a rig and tow it home? Where abouts is she going in AK?
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

vxhatch

Thanks guys. It is going to Juneau AK. I think he plans on putting it on a barge and flying home.

Nick

amazing grace

A 17' Arima on a barge to Alaska, Wow! There is more this story? Is the new owner a member here? Hopefully they will share their story on our site. :arms:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

StreamFixer

A Grace .... No! There is not a barge from Sacramento to Missoula.... Sorry    :hoboy:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

amazing grace

Russ, I believed you the first time. I am on plan B now, or is C?   :doh:

Boat's not ready anyhow  :whistle:

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

vxhatch

The guy told me it is hard to find a boat up in Alaska that is not used hard  :biggrin:  He said most boats are work boats and beat up pretty good and anything nice is very expensive.

Nick

vxhatch

Quote from: amazing grace on February 06, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
Russ, I believed you the first time. I am on plan B now, or is C?   :doh:

Boat's not ready anyhow  :whistle:

Not ready? You adding something big and silver?

amazing grace

Nick,

that brought a smile to my face. I did think about Reel Therapy's Honda 130hp alright. That was a great deal. After doing a bit of research I found that the Honda 130 was heavier than the 150 Yamaha John had on it and I thought that was more weight on the stern than I would want. Hydro Therapy has a 115hp two stroke on his and say's it is a great package. So my Yamaha 115 two stroke should be perfect. If and when I go four stroke I am pretty sure it will be a 115hp. I do not want max weight on the stern of my boat. We'll see though. A lot of folks here have great suggestions and experience.

Boat is at a canvas shop for some work now.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Nick...nice job and congratulations on your sale.
SF...my compliments to you on your comment to Grace. There is a ship loading rice for China in Sacramento right now. Perhaps we can load Grace's 19 SR on it and get a backhaul from Shanghai to Portland or Seattle. Maybe he'll be able see his boat before September.

Grace...keep the 115 2S...add a good 4 stroke kicker and you're a done deal. Note: your dual batteries are located on STBD side....so wait on trim tabs til after you trial it with a kicker. Should be balanced out nicely. Hugs to all..JW
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Reel Therapy

Amazing Grace
I wish you would have bought my Honda 130, it really is a great motor.  Now instead of hanging off an Arima the guy bought it for his 30 ft Pontoon boat.  Oh well it will serve him well.  Your 115 2s will get the job done.
LW
Nice pics of those sturgeon. 
RT
2002 Arima Sea Ranger HT
Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

RT..Thanks. Just a quick thought about your Yami...I shoulda pulled that 17-M prop off your 150-4S and put it on my 150-4s. My maiden voyage on the 21 was a bit doggy. Nice ride though.   (Using a SS 17T-15-1/2 SW)  3-4 MPH on idle..topped out at about 4800..fussed with trim tabs got close to 5K but not the 42MPH you got out of yours. I was right around 33-34 MPH WOT. Do you store your's inside or outside. If outside, send me your address! Tee-Hee. J W
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Reel Therapy

JW
Sounds like we are getting about the same RPM's but that 17M prop is just pushing it a little faster.  I was on really smooth water though.  My Arima is stored under cover and behind a locked gate, but I would let you try it out for free.  The main thing is on your first trip out you caught fish!  Nice Sturgeon.
RT
2002 Arima Sea Ranger HT
Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9