News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

When your dream boat turns to a nightmare .........

Started by Mooch, March 13, 2019, 03:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooch

Not posting to bash any boat brand.  Parker (in this case) is a quality brand and makes a great boat.  But sometimes even the "smallest" oversight can turn into a major disaster.  The "problem", although in plain sight, was not discovered until after numerous upgrades were made to this boat (all documented on his video channel).  No doubt everyone involved should have paid more attention to detail in order to avoid this disaster, but it's not whether mistakes get made, but rather how they are handled in the end.  So far this situation is not ending, but rather getting away from Parker and becoming a sad lesson for other manufacturers on how NOT to handle problems in a socially networked world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ELCorii1A

Gets worse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6KersL4hlU

I actually enjoy his other videos and hope he get's back on the water soon.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Ssericz

What was the disaster that happened from his deck being slightly off from his measurements?

It's Fiberglass it's never going to be perfect and if you want perfect don't buy a production boat buy custom and pay custom prices...
my 2 cents

Yachter Yat

There is a Parker dealer not too far from me.  I always thought they didn't look all that bad, but I never really looked that closely........probably because they don't really make a boat that fits my lifestyle.  Quality notwithstanding; there are some other design considerations to think about.   See here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVfqVt4dUsE 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

lloyds

I think I would be more concerned about the fuel tank being trapped under the floor with  no access.  Larger whalers have something similar, as do larger C Dories, but they have hatches for access.  Sooner or later under deck tanks will have some problem.  If it was me let them pay me most of the cost of the boat and get to keep the boat.
1997 sea explorer

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Ssericz on March 13, 2019, 05:19:17 PM
What was the disaster that happened from his deck being slightly off from his measurements?

It's Fiberglass it's never going to be perfect and if you want perfect don't buy a production boat buy custom and pay custom prices...
my 2 cents

I'm not sure how much a brand new 21' Parker costs but I'd have to assume it's over $70k?  Anyway, I'd be furious if I spent that kind of money on a brand new boat and had everything that far off.  That being said, I also wouldn't buy a 21' Parker in the first place because, like in the video that Yat posted, I can't stand the design flaws with the motor, the batteries, the lack of height inside the pilothouse and so on.  Also, the owner probably should've looked all of these things over before accepting the boat.  Also, in his second video he says they're willing to give him a full refund for the price of the boat but he's wanting them to give him an exact replacement of the boat that he's got.  Good lord, I'd be taking the money and running away as fast as I could.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Yachter Yat

According to what this guy said, he was apparently offered his money back on this boat.  If I felt as disappointed as he obviously feels about Parker, I'd simply take the money and run.  If I had one criticism, it would be this:  Don't expect champagne quality out of a beer pocketbook.  If your looking for Arima quality, then you have to buy an Arima.  Sorry, but it may not be anymore complicated than that.

Yat

P.S.  Belinda;  Would you please tell Donny to make the check out to my wife.  (ha)
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Yachter Yat on March 14, 2019, 01:42:36 PM
   According to what this guy said, he was apparently offered his money back on this boat.  If I felt as disappointed as he obviously feels about Parker, I'd simply take the money and run.

:yeahthat:  Exactly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I doubt the second boat would be any better than the first one.

Ssericz

Come on though guy acts like they fooled him, if your spending that kind of money a simple look over shows the flaw right away.

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

neild

Quote from: mustang65fbk on March 14, 2019, 01:59:49 PM
Quote from: Yachter Yat on March 14, 2019, 01:42:36 PM
   According to what this guy said, he was apparently offered his money back on this boat.  If I felt as disappointed as he obviously feels about Parker, I'd simply take the money and run.

:yeahthat:  Exactly. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I doubt the second boat would be any better than the first one.

This is what would bother me too. I wouldn't want a boat knowing that it was built begrudgingly, that makes for bad ju ju or possibly ball bearings in the floor...
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

ohmytodd

Looks like he's keeping the boat after racking up a ton of video views and subscribers ;)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcjXZFbxvq4
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

AJFishin

Looks like Parker is starting the lawsuit process against this guy. A formal demand letter is the first step, followed by a lawsuit which would make him hand over the boat and what ever else Parker wishes him to do.
Even though this guy's says Parker is lying with their proposals and when the proposals were made, I'm pretty sure Parker has everything in writing, which would show a timeline with their communications with him and his videos.
This guy is an arrogant jerk and to me seems like his whole objective is to become a "YouTube star".
I bet when this guy gets back from the Bahamas, someone will ask him, in person, how was fishing and oh by the way this letter is for you :jester:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

mustang65fbk

I made a comment on YouTube telling the poster of the video that he should either return the boat for a full refund or have them fix the issues when he gets back from his trip.  He stated that the reason for not wanting to have Parker do the repairs is because he doesn't want to have to wait another 3 months, which I understand if that were true, yet he said in the previous videos, that he's since deleted, that they could do the repairs in very little time at all, I believe he said that they could very likely even get all the repairs done in one day.  So I have no idea why he's now saying it's going to take them 3 months to do the fix.  I'm not exactly sure who to believe here, it seems like Parker is doing their due diligence to reach out to the customer to try and right the wrong that's happened and if I were the customer, I definitely wouldn't continue to bash their company when they've made multiple offers to help right the situation.  It seems a bit sketchy to me that the customer wanted a new boat, which they've offered, as well as two other offers, yet not agree to any of them and keep the boat without it being properly fixed.  Sounds very suspicious to me.

croaker stroker

Quote from: AJFishin on March 15, 2019, 10:35:46 AM
Looks like Parker is starting the lawsuit process against this guy. A formal demand letter is the first step, followed by a lawsuit which would make him hand over the boat and what ever else Parker wishes him to do.
Even though this guy's says Parker is lying with their proposals and when the proposals were made, I'm pretty sure Parker has everything in writing, which would show a timeline with their communications with him and his videos.
This guy is an arrogant jerk and to me seems like his whole objective is to become a "YouTube star".
I bet when this guy gets back from the Bahamas, someone will ask him, in person, how was fishing and oh by the way this letter is for you :jester:

Maybe he received his formal letter ??  Or maybe he saw the link OhmyTodd posted. :jester:

Quote from: ohmytodd on March 15, 2019, 10:12:06 AM
The videos are down, but a link over at THT led to this...

http://www.parkerboats.net/public/

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸