News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Looking for help

Started by the SLIDER, March 08, 2019, 05:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the SLIDER

First Threat;

Really want to be an Arima owner. I have been driving around in a 16' aluminum skiff for 30 years+. Now 60 I find I am too old to hope around like a monkey over bench seats anymore. I want island trips overnight just to feel more alive.  Problem is the limited space in garage and in California that is your only space in most places unless you want to pay a fortune to store over years. Need to figure out if I can get either of these Arima models in my garage. Want Sea Ranger 19. If it don't fit then a 17.  And if that don't fit, I may then think about storage and an even bigger boat. Going Arima regardless.

If I could please ask someone to get some messurements and tell me what my odds are, it would be greatly appreciated. When I figure this out I may be going to Washington soon.

Here's a side view of my restrictions

La-Z-Buoy

Reading through this thread will give you some guidance.

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=16688.0

I think your biggest restriction might be the height. For sure the top would have to be down.  A 19 would be a tight squeeze length wise. And this depends on what trailer you have and how the boat is set up. Not all like boats are on the same trailers. If you're buying new then you may be able to tailor it to your needs. Buying used will be dependent on what you're buying.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

croaker stroker

Slider,

Let me know and we can go fishing one day soon. After fishing I can drive over to your house and back my boat into your garage to see if it fits..  If my 17' doesnt fit, then you'll know for sure a 19' wont fit.

Option #2....come over and take all the measurements you want.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Very kind offer, Croaker.  Good on you.  Is this a great family of Arima owners, or what? 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

Slider welcome to the forum. Your skiff has been a fishing machine and now going with an Arima, you're going to get a fishing machine with some comfort.
Take Croaker up on his offer and you will be pleasantly surprised how much room a 17 has.👍
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

the SLIDER

Thanks for the tips, link, welcome, and offer to fish. I know of Croaker Stroker from BD Outdoors. Very kind offer. The diagram I uploaded doesn't show a closet that will be removed  for an extra 3' in the rear. Need to know close dimentions before taking out the closet. Great benefit for a boat owner to have a forum with Arima Owners who care.

Still hoping I can get some clearances for overal lenth and height restictions of both sizes. I imagine the tongue of the trailer can be lowered to get the windshield through the 6'10" height?

Thanks in advance.

La-Z-Buoy

Don't have my 17 anymore so can't take a measurement but I seem to recall when I did it would fit under my 7' door BARELY. And I was backing into the garage going uphill. Driveway sloped up to the garage making the angle such that the tongue was down on the way in. Don't believe there is any difference in height between the 17 and 19, trailer being the same.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT

Omega3

Just took some measurements for my 19'.   25'4" length.No swing tongue,kicker bracket in the up position.Trailer at the widest part which is outside of fenders is 8'9".
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Fishgriller

Slider,

In looking at your diagram, am I seeing a maximum 6'10" width in some areas?  Is that correct?  If so, it will be too narrow. I have a standard 7' garage height, with garage door taking up about 1-2" and my Arima fits with couple of inches to spare when I use a trailer dolly for final maneuvering.  The dolly itself is low, so it lowers the tongue. When I bought my Arima, I had the dealer set up the bunk trailer for the boat to sit as low as possible.
2018 Sea Chaser 17, 2018 Yamaha F115

La-Z-Buoy

You're looking at a side view of the garage. Door on left. 6'10" height.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT

Fishgriller

You are right, silly me.  I better have another cup of coffee.
2018 Sea Chaser 17, 2018 Yamaha F115

Habberdasher

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on March 08, 2019, 11:10:31 PM
Slider,

Let me know and we can go fishing one day soon. After fishing I can drive over to your house and back my boat into your garage to see if it fits..  If my 17' doesnt fit, then you'll know for sure a 19' wont fit.

What s kind offer if you ever get to Vancouver Island please let me know as I would like to take you fishing. I am sorry to say my boat runs better now the Etec is in outboard heaven I often tell people about how happy you are with yours
Tight Lines habberdasher
1988 Sea Hunter 60 Suzuki 5hp Mariner
1958 9 ft moulded birch 1958 3 hp Johnston and a 30 pound electric

Yachter Yat

Looks like 6'-10" under what appears to be a carrying beam of some kind as well. 

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: Yachter Yat on March 09, 2019, 10:42:19 AM
   Looks like 6'-10" under what appears to be a carrying beam of some kind as well. 

Yat

Just notch it out a little   :clap: !
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT

croaker stroker

Quote from: Habberdasher on March 09, 2019, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Croaker Stroker on March 08, 2019, 11:10:31 PM
Slider,

What s kind offer if you ever get to Vancouver Island please let me know as I would like to take you fishing. I am sorry to say my boat runs better now the Etec is in outboard heaven I often tell people about how happy you are with yours
Tight Lines habberdasher

Thanks! That is a beautiful area.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

BurnsieBabe

Arima Sea Ranger 17 & 19 are 5'10" tall sitting on the ground with canvas down.  Both have an 8' beam.  The trailer is the joker card in the mix.

Belinda
Belinda Burns
Arima Marine International Inc from 1997
Defiance Marine LLC from 2013 (since Arima purchase)

croaker stroker

There are wider and narrower axle trailers. The narrow axle (like mine) sits the hull above the fenders. The wider axle sits the hull between the fenders.

Wheel size or tire profile may also be a factor affecting the height.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

the SLIDER

Thanks everybody for taking the time to give this input. I think with a modified swing tongue the 19 will be doable.   :cha:  :party017:

neild

I just measured my 19' Sea Ranger for the ferry. I have a narrower trailer with rollers. I don't think the boat sits high on the trailer but the hull sides sit just above the inside corners of the fenders. I have the boat forward on the trailer so the last roller is just at the transom. Boat and trailer is 23' with the OB down. Centre of the windshield is 7'-2" from the ground when hitched to the truck. If the driveway is flat you may hit 6'-10" off the hitch with the tongue jack low.
Allons-y!
1991 19' SR
2017 140 Suzuki

the SLIDER

That's is very helpful, thank you!