News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Lifetime Hull Warranty

Started by Omega3, March 12, 2019, 09:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega3

What year was lifetime hull warranty offered and what does it cover.Is it transferable or original owner only?
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Fishgriller

I just reread the warranty section of the papers that came with my Arima.  It states lifetime warranty is for the "The structural sections of the hull for the uninterrupted lifetime of the original purchasers ownership of the boat".  There are no further definitions of structural sections. Other components have a 1 year warranty.
2018 Sea Chaser 17, 2018 Yamaha F115

Yachter Yat

"uninterrupted lifetime of the original purchasers ownership of the boat".   Yaaay...........I'm still good.  (ha)

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Omega3

I wouldn't cheer to fast Yat,he is reading the warranty from a 2018 boat.My boat is an 04 and yours is a 94.Thats why I asked what year did the lifetime warranty start.

Markshoreline

I think Yat is cheering because he's still around...  :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Yachter Yat

Omega........I'm gonna have to look into that.  Thanks for the homework. (ha)

Mark......that's never crossed my mind, but maybe you're right.  (haha)

Yat
History is not the past; it's the present, as we all carry it with us......James Baldwin    
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Omega3

There shouldn't be any home work needed,it's not like this isn't being read by the factory.I am just an original owner that is wondering what if any warranty I have on my boat.Most of the lifetime warranties I have on quality equipment stays with the product not the original owner.Swarovski and Leupold honor the warranty for life no matter who owns it.

Yachter Yat

"Read by the factory"?  Sorry, but I don't know what you mean.  Call me curious. but there is, indeed, "homework".   Okay......when I say "homework", I'm talking about searching back into my original Arima purchase from 94.  After reading these posts, the question that came to my mind is this:  Did my "manual" say this hull came with a lifetime warrantee............or what?  It's just that, reading these posts got my curiosity genes going.  Not that I really care, mind you.  You see....if this little boat of mine (after 25 years of service)  suddenly collapsed in pieces on the ground...........I'd have a difficult time criticizing this little craft. In fact, I probably couldn't justifiably say anymore than:  "Thank you for being so great, for so long."  (hahaha)

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Omega3

Read by the factory meaning that Belinda is reading and reponding to posts and other threads.You get that right?Seat cushions,trailers,transom questions.We can all see when someone has been active on the site.Many people make the decision to buy a new or used Arima based on information found on this site.The warranty information should be a sticky thread not something that anyone should have to go digging for.Just as an owner didn't get a cushion with the boat from the dealer,I didn't get an owners manual or warranty info with my boat.Whether or not you would use your warranty is irrelevant.

Yachter Yat

Well.......I did my "homework".  Found my factory manual from 94, when I bought it new.  It says hull warrantee is good for 5 years.....and........just as I suspected, to the original purchaser.  So there you go!

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

charlietuna

Quote from: Omega3 on March 12, 2019, 09:36:59 AM
What year was lifetime hull warranty offered and what does it cover.Is it transferable or original owner only?

Curious as to what prompted this thread... did you experience something that you felt should be covered by warranty?
Thanks
17' SeaRanger (sold) / 19' SRST
USCG Licensed Master

Svinny88

I have a 1998 15'11" sea explorer, the area under the transom trim, was not properly joined from the factory.  Large gaps, and the aluminum trim pop rivers did not even find fiberglass, because there was no boat where there should have been. You could see daylight... lots of it...when in the process of removing the tank.  I recommend every arima owner pull the aluminum trim , on top of the transom and see what's under it I filled it with 5200 for now, with a backer... almost a full tube to do both sides  I plan on  fiberglassing  it correctly in the future, and completely eliminating the aluminum transom trim
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"

croaker stroker

Quote from: Omega3 on March 13, 2019, 01:52:31 PM
Read by the factory meaning that Belinda is reading and reponding to posts and other threads. You get that right?

No. I don't get that. My understanding is that Belinda does not represent the factory on this forum. My understanding is that Belinda represents Belinda and is under no obligation to answer questions or act as a go-between. She does so out of kindness. Just as Fishgriller did, or anyone else who tries to help out others on this forum.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸