Author Topic: Banned for IP Address  (Read 220 times)

Offline Hunter

Banned for IP Address
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »
So...…  I'm headed out on Thursday for 10 days of diving and Lion Fish hunting in the Cayman Islands and wondering if there is any way to stay connected here on the forum.   The island I'm going to..... "Little Cayman" …..has a total population of about 150 and really nothing to do but dive, eat, drink, read, sleep, etc.... but they do have WiFi where I'm staying and not much to do after the sun goes down so might be a nice option to visit my favorite forum.     Last time I was there I got banned from the forum because the auto-bots probably thought I was a foreign spy trying to infiltrate the Arima network and access boat specifications and fishing tips that might comprise national security. 

All kidding aside...… is there anyway for me to maintain access while in a foreign country?       
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:56:55 AM by Hunter »
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Offline sfever

Re: Banned for IP Address
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »
I'm no expert but something like that happened to me and didn't want to clear the cookies so I opened up an incognito tab and it worked. Not sure about overseas but it couldn't hurt to try.

Offline ohmytodd

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »
There are a couple of ways around IP restrictions (don't ask me how I know;)

The easy way: go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and email/message one of the admins your IP. I can't speak for them, but they may be able to whitelist your local address while away.

A little harder: use a VPN client (as an app on your phone or download), OR use a browser based VPN for an individual browsing session. Like this one: https://hide.me/en/proxy. You can select a US based proxy server to make it appear as though you're browsing from the US. The downside to this option is that whatever US proxy server they use may be blacklisted already.

Just an idea. I'm sure an admin can give you better advice than some yahoo surfing the internet over a cold beer ;)
1997 Sea Ranger 19, Honda BF150, Merc 8

Offline GregE

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »
When we were in Hong Kong we couldn't log on to AO.com.  Suspect regions for hackers are blocked.
Greg
Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT; SL 22 Honda 225
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:  Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat;
SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »

I am not well versed on this internet stuff but if you have cell phone servce, couldn’t you use your phone’s “hotspot” ?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 06:02:44 AM »
Maybe I'll just call Vlad over in Russia.....  I think he's got it figured out.    Probably don't even need to call......he's probably reading this as I type... 
All Garmin Electronics

Offline Danno

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 06:14:30 AM »

The easy way: go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and email/message one of the admins your IP. I can't speak for them, but they may be able to whitelist your local address while away.

:yeahthat:  This is my recommendation
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 07:03:33 AM »

:yeahthat:  This is my recommendation

Sounds good...… only to do that I would need the admins email address or cell number.     I have Marks cell so maybe when I get there I can text message him the IP address.... 

All Garmin Electronics

Offline Hunter

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 02:09:27 PM »
Well... here in the Caymans and so far no issues with the IP address booting me off..   
All Garmin Electronics

Offline Danno

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
Well... here in the Caymans and so far no issues with the IP address booting me off..

:mememe:
Previously owned a 1998 19' SR

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Offline StreamFixer

• Administrator
  • Fisherman
  • Have Rod, Will Travel
  • View Gallery
    • StreamFix
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

Wellll  --- send me the local IP Hunter,  and I can fix you right up    :circling_shark:   Sure don't want to disappoint  :stirthepot:

StreamFixer
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top
'03 Yamaha 115 EFI
'05 Yamaha T8 Solas 4 blade prop

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu'

Offline Hunter

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 11:00:54 AM »
I'm here in the Caymans Russ and everything seems to be working just fine ...….   Thank you!     
All Garmin Electronics