News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Portland Sportsman's show

Started by Hydro-Therapy, January 22, 2019, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro-Therapy

The show is from Feb 6 -10 2019. Is anyone up for the meeting of the minds and a beer on the 7th at 6pm  at the usual place. Also a good time to see all the widgets you just can't live without.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

StreamFixer

You beat me to it by about a half hour...   :bowdown:   :clap: 

The Portland Sportsman Show will soon be here (Feb.6 - 10).  Anyone in the area around 6 pm Thursday, Feb.7, I hope to meet you at the West End Bar and Grill (East end of Building D) for a burger and a beer. 

We have done this for a number of years and always seem to have an enjoyable time.  High top boots may be advised   :hoboy:

Hope to see you guys then.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Markshoreline

I may be able to make that one again, since my wife will be out of town then, only she still sees all the credit card charges...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

StreamFixer

Withdraw cash direct across the counter...  minimal trail.  Or tell her you are getting something for me.  She knows I would never participate in shenanigans...   :wink:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Markshoreline

Good idea!  Honey, I bought SF a new boat!!!!

ohmytodd

February is my dry month, but I'll be in for a burger! Putting it on my calendar, and looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

BigMac

I plan to be there.  Let's not have another snow storm.
Worried that the miscreants Mark and Russ might get us in trouble.  Can innocent bystanders plead the 5th??
(Dave)

Red 22

Wife said -I can't go -I have to go to Puerto Escondido Mexico and fish with her. Have fun guys
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Hydro-Therapy

Red that must be a heart breaker !!!  Enjoy your trip and catch a big one. We expect a full report And like they say no pictures it didn't happen.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

StreamFixer

Quote from: Markshoreline on January 23, 2019, 12:53:27 PM
Good idea!  Honey, I bought SF a new boat!!!!

He wants to store it at our place.  Said we could use it as much as we want...  Isn't he a great guy   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Markshoreline

It would be hard to beat your 19 with that awesome Salt Boss top!

FishAddict

21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

darci

SEE You there. I need to give SF back his fuel tank...it just is not a fit!

GregE

I'd love to make it down again- not sure if we can.  Need to find a radar for the 22 but taxes await- though I may get some $$ back this year

Maybe Mark can get one for SF to hold for me.....   :jester:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

GregE

Hope the snow treats PDX kindly.  I've been there during freezing rain "silver thaws".  Not fun.

The 'Seattle Slide' is active. 

I've got the wood stove going and had split some two year cured maple last week-  good timing  :)
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Markshoreline

Looks like the next snow storm will happen Friday so I'll be able to make the run down there on Thursday!

Pic 1 random bike downtown after snow.
Pic 2 road on South Whidbey on the way to Langley from Clinton.
Pic 3 our cabana in the snow.
These are all color pics, it's just gray here for a few months in winter!

Rokefin

Pic 3 looks like your pet bunny in the photo....

Markshoreline

Ha, just the base of a young Japanese maple....  can't see the branches against the cedar boards.

darci

Well I was there....but I was at the show all day. So I un-remembered the meet time! I was there at 6PM. Five guys were there and Stream Fixer's Doppleganger was at the table with four deciples. This guy looked just like Russ! So I listened in a bit and said to the guys there "What are you guys all dressed up For"? They kind of chuckled a bit except for the Russ-like who was deep in some deer hunting moment. I said this is the Arima Group...isn't it? The guy across from Russ (as I called him...he never corrected me...) said ARIMAS ARE GREAT BOATS...have a seat. The boys were talking Columbia river stuff Russ was telling about a place he found fishing somewhere where the local guy told him in no uncertain terms not to tell the Portland @^*)$@! about this place or it will be ruined. We were having a fine time then I blundered out "are we having a lead pour this Spring?" The skinny guy (that should have been a clue) said "they want six bucks for a 20 oz sinker" at some shop by him.
Hmmmm... this is not the Arima guys after all... "Russ" was looking at me funny.
They were sad to see me go. I had passed around a photo album of giant deer, moose, elk, fish of all kinds and my Arima. The skinny guy said how much he likes real pictures not on somebody's phone. I said my good byes and the skinny guy said I hope you find the Arima Guys...
It was late I had a train ride home to Gresham.
Hope you guys had a good time!

Mooch

Darci, you probably just went to the wrong McDonalds.  😉
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

GregE

Darci you missed the fine print

..Anyone in the area around 6 pm Thursday, Feb.7,...

I'm riding down with Mark so should be getting in about 4 ish
Greg

Markshoreline

I drove down from Whidbey today and met Greg in Olympia the we rode together to the Portland show.
Hydrotherapy Larry, Ohmytodd Todd, Kodak Greg, Streamfixer Rus, Eric and I met at the end of the show for a drink and dinner today.  Great to meet new guys- was particularly impressed that Todd has read almost every post in our Arima Owners entire history!  Course, it's also great to see the old guys, a club which I feel I've joined with the passage of years.
Had the additional bonus of meeting up with Vancouver Techie at a gas station where he delivered the hard top panels that I'd bought over a year ago from another member here.  The Arima Owners delivery system really works and is free!
The Portland show is awesome with trucks, boats, motorcycles, campers, fishing resorts and every piece of tackle that you will ever need.  Great show.
Arima buddies, the best. 
Greg has a pic that our waitress stood on a chair to snap.  Hope he posts since we are an excellent looking group!

ohmytodd

It was great to meet some of you guys in person, that was really fun! In hindsight, we should have grabbed a pic WITH the waitress - that would of made us all a little bit better looking ;) Maybe next year!

I hope to make it down to the saltwater show in Salem to meet some more folks in a couple of weeks.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

StreamFixer

GregE may be hesitant to show his moniker this morning after assuring me we had posted 6:30 as our gathering time    :stirthepot: 

Oh well if that is a s bad as it gets, we've got her made...

The Restaurant closes at 7 and only had 3 beers on tap --  "Oh and we have Coors Light in cans" 

So someone will likely help me remember to set the time for 5:30 next year... 

Ya know, Hooters is just across the slough???  Maybe we should meet there???   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GregE

Hey, I readily admit to brain failure episodes    :1zhelp:

Glad we were able to get there ( thanks Mark!!  )  Saved $295 on a Garmin Fantom 18 radar
Pulled pork tacos were good too!
Here's the picture.

Greg