News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Retirement advice

Started by dw, December 22, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dw

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a little advice. My last day of work before retirement was yesterday. :party: I will be splitting my fishing time between the Sound and Moses Lake. My Arima will stay here and I am taking my 12' aluminum to Moses Lake. I have a Lowrance on the Arima and I love it but I need a sonar for the 12'. For the most part I will be fishing in 20' or less, for walleye, bass, catfish, and perch. Any ideas? :shrug9:

dw
'85 Sea Sprinter
'11 E-TEC 50hp
'06 Yamaha F4

Salty Dangler

I like my Raymarine Dragonfly. Inexpensive and works well. The chirp is nice for finding structure too, especially fishing for those species.

Hunter

For a 12 ft aluminum lake boat I would go with a Garmin Echo Map.....   On sale now at WM and includes ducer.   Scroll down for the current offerings. 

https://www.westmarine.com/
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

AJFishin

:yeahthat: :biggrin:
Also check out The GPS Store, if WM can't price match. I got my Garmin from the GPS Store for a really good price.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

GregE

Well, a BIG congratulations on the retirement.  I hope yours leaves more fishing time than mine has  :shrug9:

I like your plans though.  Keep us posted with stories and pics  :wink:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Markshoreline

I like Garmin, though there are other great brands. Garmin is just so easy to operate.

I retired almost 9 years ago and can't figure how I kept up with everything when I was working 8-10 hour days plus an hour commute.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Salmon King

Rather than have to learn a serprate unit why not just buy another transducer and mounting bracket to use what you have?
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

DevMah

Quote from: Salmon King on December 22, 2018, 09:55:34 PM
Rather than have to learn a serprate unit why not just buy another transducer and mounting bracket to use what you have?

X2
And you will only have to buy one map.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

dw

Thanks for the info Guys.

I am thinking I am a very lucky guy. I have the Arima for for saltwater fishing, my sister (yes all, my sister) who lives 10 minutes away, has a 14' aluminum that is set up perfectly for lakes on the westside (she bugs me all the time to go fishing), and I'll have mine for the eastside. :gone_fishing:

Salmon King,

The reason I want a separate unit is because I want to be able to throw as little as possible in the Cherokee and head east.

dw
'85 Sea Sprinter
'11 E-TEC 50hp
'06 Yamaha F4