News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Early Christmas Present

Started by StreamFixer, December 14, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

My bride of 45 years finally told me what she wanted for Christmas...  A fancy Toro leaf blower...  So, being the loving husband that I am, I got her what she asked for.  It arrived a couple of days ago.  Then she asked that I take it out of the box for her and perform what little assembly was required. 

Then, bless her heart, she insisted that she share it with me.... and that I use HER gift to blow the leaves and fir needles off the walk and driveway while the rain was holding off and before a friend of hers arrived after lunch... 

What a loving wife...  Willing, nay insistent, that I share HER early Christmas gift.  Almost brings a tear to my eye (or maybe that is a speck of dust from blowing the leaves)   :shrug9:

I am sure that I must be the envy of you all...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Fisherdv

That was very kind and thoughtful of her to "share" her gift with you 💏.......If she asks for a toilet bowl scrubber next, RUN!!! :jester:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

gar143

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.
19SC 2000 - 2015 115 Suz & 9.9 Suz 4 strokes
17SC 1988 - Sold

BruceL2_Fish

Russ, you re blessed!  She shares and looks out for your well being by making sure you get some extra activity.  You have a great partner!  LOL!
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

croaker stroker

My wife of 47 years gave up on me a long time ago and hired a gardener.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Fisherdv

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on December 14, 2018, 03:24:53 PM

We also hired a gardener. It was my decision.  :jester: Although I still have to do lots of yard work and fix all the sprinkler heads they break! :facepalm:

Kimbrey

'
Yup so did mine.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

blue heron

She loves you, otherwise, she'd have requested a leaf rake for Christmas.
SR-19
115 Yamaha
8 Yamaha

croaker stroker

Quote from: Kimbrey on December 14, 2018, 03:39:53 PM

'
Yup so did mine.

I told her I was going to hire her a gardener, and I showed her the first picture. She quickly agreed. Then I hired the second guy. 

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Quote from: gar143 on December 14, 2018, 03:18:41 PM
A blower, that sucks!

Yes it will suck up leaves too...   :party:  Maybe, if I am lucky, she will let me use it for that too   :bigshock:

I don't "garden"  I pick tomatoes to eat on site...  Antonio does the gardening...  Some how I still 'get' to mow the lawn, cut the shrubs that have turned to brush, haul to burnables to the burn pile,  burn the pile twice a year...  BUT, I am working on getting out of that.   :whistle:

StreamFixer
:stooges:
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Yachter Yat

Funny thing about "yard work".......you either like it, or you don't.  Thing is, working outside is actually good for you.  I don't really have what you'd call "yard work";  mine is more akin to "property maintenance".  I have to be honest though; with 15 acres to care for, it has become a little tougher to keep-up in later years.  Had to let some of it go wild.  Got my cutting down to about 3 acres at this point.  Course, that 60" mower deck on my Kubota BX23 does make things a bit easier.  :whistle:

Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Markshoreline

SF,
The best follow up gift for your wife would be a mice bottle of Bushnell's.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

StreamFixer

"Mice " bottles are too small, so I got a regular size bottle of Black Bush with a Laphroaig backer

Funny how great minds tend to think alike...    :beerchug:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

BigMac

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 14, 2018, 03:33:51 PM

We also hired a gardener. It was my decision.  :jester: Although I still have to do lots of yard work and fix all the sprinkler heads they break! :facepalm:
Thought I was the only one who had to replace "mowed" sprinkler heads.  Thanks for sharing.  I feel much better. :biggrin:

AJFishin

Wow SF, you have such a thoughtful and caring wife, I don't think there are that many wives that would let their husbands share their gift right away.

A couple years ago my wife said I think it's time you need a new lawn mower, which I agreed and I hired a gardner.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

DevMah

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on December 14, 2018, 05:08:08 PM
Quote from: Kimbrey on December 14, 2018, 03:39:53 PM

'
Yup so did mine.

I told her I was going to hire her a gardener, and I showed her the first picture. She quickly agreed. Then I hired the second guy.

Lol...

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

dbhazjack

Sprinkler heads, gardeners.......clearly there are some here who need help prioritizing their discretionary $ Think B.O.A.T. upgrades  :stirthepot:
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Fisherdv

Quote from: dbhazjack on December 15, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
Sprinkler heads, gardeners.......clearly there are some here who need help prioritizing their discretionary $ Think B.O.A.T. upgrades  :stirthepot:
I have spent the last year on upgrades and stuff for the B.O.A.T..........there is only so much I can fit in a 16SC :shrug9: Wait a minute, I just thought of a few things  :facepalm:

dbhazjack

Quote from: Fisherdv on December 15, 2018, 06:19:31 PM
Quote from: dbhazjack on December 15, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
I have spent the last year on upgrades and stuff for the B.O.A.T..........there is only so much I can fit in a 16SC :shrug9:

Fisher, this is why you need to get a 17' a year or 2 before you upgrade to a 19'.  :arms: It's Christmas!

Fisherdv

I'll just take the 19HT now. 🤑

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

dbhazjack

Quote from: Markshoreline on December 15, 2018, 06:46:37 PM
and then the 21 HT...

Now this is what I'm talkin' bout. I vote we drop the term "Moderator" for "Liberator".  :anyone:

Caston

No joke my 14yo daughter had asked for a leaf blower since she was about 10! Last year I finally gave in and got her one. She wanted a Stihl but she got a Makita that will run off two of my 18V Makita batteries. It actually works pretty good and and she blows things around the yard with it.  :shrug9:
'94 Sea Chaser 17
'97 Honda 90
'99 Honda 8
everyone goes home

croaker stroker

I have one of those Makita leaf blowers, but I have the smaller one. (Only one battery)  I use it for blowing out the garage and for camping.

A couple of years ago, I bought my wife a Makita vacuum. She loves it and uses it daily to vacuum crumbs off of me and around my space. She liked it so much that I bought her another one for the travel trailer. Sometimes I use her vacuum to clean leaves out of the boat. She is posessive of her vacuum and doesn't want me using it for cleaning up leaves. She is very happy with her Makita vacuums.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

DevMah

Croaker if you lose that second Gardner I will hook you up with mine.
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold