News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

How much $ is a fair price 2004 19 hardtop

Started by Springloaded, December 09, 2018, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Springloaded

Just sold my C-dory 22 angler to buy a 19 Hardtop. I found one for sale on Seattle Craigslist that i went and looked at its a really nice boat 2004 19 ranger hard top 135hp Honda with 500hrs, double axle galvanized roller trailer in good shape. Found a couple issues with it 3 good gouges thru the gel coat in the bottom were it looks like someone ran it aground at a concrete boat launch and the plastic  out board cowling paint is all messed up do to apparently the exhaust port not exhausting into the water.  They want $31,000  might be able to get it for $29,000, I think the price is steep what do you guy think?.

beancounter

Gel coat gouges no problem easy fix. Paint on Hondas are crap always coming off plastic parts. I have some silver wheel paint that is just about a perfect match need to find a can and post it. Not knowing the overall condition or equipment I would offhand say that is a high price. At that price it should be a cherry have new topnotch electronics,kicker,trailer etc. That year and price range I would expect you might find a 21 with some patience. More stable and larger cockpit.

Springloaded

It is really nice comes with decent fishfinder/GPS, radar 8hp honda kicker no downriggers.

Fisherdv

Pics? Gel coat gouges? There may be stress fractures in the fiberglass as well? Still, re-pairable though.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Tj805

In my opinion 31 grand is a lot for a used 19 ft arima .
I mean a 19 chaser is 40 grand brand new .
31 seems high to me considering that boat is 14 years old . :twocents:
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

DevMah

If it's this one here then not a bad deal as it looks to be in good condition, well kept and decently equipped.

2004 Arima 19' Sea Ranger Hard Top
Honda 135 HP 500hrs
Honda 8 HP Kicker
Furno GPS/Radar/Sonar
Garmin GPS/Sonar
VHF
Rocket Launchers
King Saltwater trailer with rollers, brakes and spare tire
2 New Batteries
Panther EZ-Steer Bracket

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/2004-arima-19-sea-ranger-hard/6767041302.html

It's not mine ...
Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Chief of the Boat

Very nice clean Arima!  How long on the market?  Why are they selling?
Are you talking about the gouge on the port sponson?  Not a deal breaker.
The cowling paint is pretty much what a 15 year old Honda looks like.
The price seems high but look what options it has and the current option price:
Two Companion seats ($1500) 
Jump seats ($500)
kicker bracket ($600)
14 gallon water tank (not currently offered on new boats)
Hyd steering
trim tabs ($700)
A clean Arima like this gets top dollar and 30 grand is not out of line.  Price a new one on tandem axle trailer will be 70K.
Put a bow on it! Merry Christmas!  :clap:

Fisherdv

After seeing the pics that is a very clean, well maintained boat. If it actually looks like that in person I can see the high price he's asking. Make a reasonable offer. If everything checks out ok, motor etc., I'm with the Chief on this one................Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Fishin Machine

Mine is a 2003 SR it cost me 19k. 4 years ago with a 90hp Honda. I've spent another 10k in upgrades since.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Springloaded

Well I'm gonna make an offer, hopefully I did think about it to long

Rokefin

Good luck!
Boat is really nice looking - but in my opinion priced too high especially for this time of year......but I am slow to spend that kind of money.

polarbill1999

I think the 31k that boat is listed at is a fair price for that boat.  Obviously not a good or great price because it has been on the market for a month or two I think.  If you can get it for anything under 30k I think you did pretty good.  Anything under 27k (the seller might laugh at you if you offer this and tell you to pound sand) and you did very well.  That boat is well equipped and appears to be in as nice of condition as any 10+ year old boat on the market.
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Fisherdv

You would be lucky to find a new, bare bones 17sc, with a 90hp for under $31k

ohmytodd

If you look up NADA value without the bells and whistles, just including the main motor, you're around $14-$15k depending on location (granted, Arimas are always underpriced by NADA, but it's a point of reference for negotiation). Tack on the goodies and give it a ++ for condition and you're in a situation where you need to decide what it's worth to you. If I were considering this boat I'd be prepared to pay $29-30k if I had to have it, but I'd start with a conversation with the owner about their bottom dollar before making an offer. If it were me I'd start at $25k and work up from there slowly until he says yes. Then again, I've been told to pound sand on more than one occasion.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

croaker stroker

Quote from: ohmytodd on December 10, 2018, 09:55:13 AM
If you look up NADA value without the bells and whistles, just including the main motor, you're around $14-$15k depending on location (granted, Arimas are always underpriced by NADA, but it's a point of reference for negotiation). Tack on the goodies and give it a ++ for condition and you're in a situation where you need to decide what it's worth to you. If I were considering this boat I'd be prepared to pay $29-30k if I had to have it, but I'd start with a conversation with the owner about their bottom dollar before making an offer. If it were me I'd start at $25k and work up from there slowly until he says yes. Then again, I've been told to pound sand on more than one occasion.

Good advice !  👍🏻

I was once told...."I'd rather plant flowers in it."   :jester:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

davidsea

If this one is what you really want, go for it.  Granted, all the gear is used, but it appears to be really well maintained.  If everything works, and you don't feel the need to upgrade, it's well priced at 30K.  As Chief says, new would be north of 70K.  If you really want something different - like a 21 - then don't bite, wait for it.
   I bought my 19 a year ago, probably overpriced at 21K, knowing I didn't want the motor, the trailer needed a rebuild, and the electrical was junk.  What sealed the deal for me was the factory aft bulkhead, which I really wanted, and I understand the bulkheads are 3K - plus installation. The hull, gelcoat, glass, and upholstery were all in good shape. With a good fluff and buff, new graphics, a new Honda 115, all new electrical, hydraulic steering, plus new winch, rollers and brakes on the trailer, at least half the rig is zero-time-new.  I saved some by doing all the work myself, but still, I'm at 33K.  Do I regret spending that for an 'old' boat?   Not for a minute!

:twocents:
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Hunter

Quote from: Chief of the Boat on December 09, 2018, 03:18:13 PM
A clean Arima like this gets top dollar and 30 grand is not out of line.  Price a new one on tandem axle trailer will be 70K.
Put a bow on it! Merry Christmas!  :clap:

Wow...  $70K for a new 19 HT!!   Chief....Just curious....does that price include tax, license, electronics, safety equip, kicker, bulkhead, heater or any other nice accessories?     
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Chief of the Boat

Wow...  $70K for a new 19 HT!!   Chief....Just curious....does that price include tax, license, electronics, safety equip, kicker, bulkhead, heater or any other nice accessories?   

The difference between a 19 and 21 is only a few grand all the options cost the same.  My guess ti mate (I am retired) would include the exact same stuff on the clean 04 19 HT.  No bulkhead or heater the tax and license is not normally a gimme on boats that are built to order.    :twocents:

DevMah

2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Chief of the Boat

That 19 will probably be sold by Christmas.

Mooch

Quote from: Hunter on December 10, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

Defiance quote last year for new SR19HT with 115 and 9.9 Yammie with no extras was $70K.  The same new model, including a very basic used electronics package, was offered with a generous show demo discount in January at $60K.  Tax alone puts you almost back at $70K sans goodies.  Not everybody can afford new and not everybody wants a project boat either.  One thing is sure, there's a lot of folks that would love to own a nice SR19HT.  I don't see this one lasting long.  Good luck on your search.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Hunter

Quote from: Mooch on December 10, 2018, 10:41:04 PM
Quote from: Hunter on December 10, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

Defiance quote last year for new SR19HT with 115 and 9.9 Yammie with no extras was $70K. 

I still say  "WOW"....    Add in tax (10% in WA), quality electronics, MFD, VHF, RADAR, Rocket Launchers, etc and you are still approaching $85K!    "WOW!!!!"

I still think that these Arimas are such quality boats that the better bet is to buy a well researched quality used and upgrade to make it yours. 

I also wonder if the "new"  Arimas are really as good or any better than some of the originals.  Some products are built to last because that is their heritage and reputation......... and some others are built as cheaply as possible based on what was already earned by that heritage and reputation.    Just say'n.   

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

amazing grace

I will chime in. Too much $ this time of year imho. $26k would be a nice deal. Do not overpay. Be patient. You will find a great deal. He is asking 21SR kind of $. Not 21SR HT money mind you.  :wink:

Good luck.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Rokefin

AG, you are quite accurate in your assessment.

Unless you have to have that specific boat right now, I would plan on more Christmas boat shopping.

The flip side however, if your like me, you will be waiting 2 fishing seasons for the "deal of the year". :hoboy:

ohmytodd

It never hurts to make the low offer. I saved myself a few grand on an already well priced boat just by asking, even though I was prepared to pay full price for it.

Earlier this year I lowballed on a motorcycle and walked away only to have the guy come back 2 weeks later wanting to do the deal. A motivated seller might just come back around. You can't win if you don't play.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9