News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Old sailcloth?

Started by ohmytodd, November 29, 2018, 02:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohmytodd

Does anyone know where a fella could get his hands on some old sails? I'm looking to make some storage bags, totes, and soft transport cases. Torn, frayed, etc is fine as I'd just be cutting them up into usable pieces.

I've got inquiries out to some local sailing schools but it's the off season, so I guess not many folks are manning the email accounts, or I'm barking up the wrong trees.

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

croaker stroker

Minney's Salvage in Newport Beach has a huge inventory of used sails in various conditions.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

ohmytodd

Thanks for the lead! I'm hoping to get down that way for work next month, so I'll pack an extra large duffel bag :)
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Grilse

You might try these guys:http://columbiamarineexchange.com/. They used to be out on Hayden Island, but have moved apparently. Also, try North Sails Oregon. Kerry, the owner, might give you some more ideas as well.

Jeff
2005 SR19
1999 Yamaha F100
2005 Yamaha 8
Stabicraft 1530
Yamaha F60

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸