News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Boat Insurance Recommendations

Started by bdaws, November 25, 2018, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdaws

I currently have boat insurance through Boat/US who is part of Geico. I have 3 boats covered by them. I received my renewal paper work for this next year and my premiums are almost doubling for no apparent reasons. No claims or accidents. I assume rate rise may have something to do with hurricane damage claims as a whole but who knows.  Any suggestions out there on any decent insurance companies?  I'm planning on switching.

FishAddict

Get some quotes from a agency that brokers multiple carriers.  Also get a agreed upon value policy if possible.  Fair market policies require a lot more negotiating to get anything out of the carrier during a claim.

I'm currently using Progressive agreed upon value policy through
BOAT INSURANCE AGENCY INC.
2601 W. MARINA PLACE, SUITE B
SEATTLE, WA98199
Phone: (206)285-1350

I have also used Charter Lakes agency in the past.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

ohmytodd

I'm insured through Farmers/Foremost for agreed upon value and the rates are remarkably low. I had a claim 2 years ago that didn't affect my rates at all. Shop around.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

davidsea

I've been with Progressive for 9 years, 2 boats, no issues.  My rates went up about 5% this year.   :twocents:
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Hunter

We have Allstate.... bundled with Auto, Home, & Professional Liability, etc.   For the boat we have an agreed / negotiated total loss value of $85K at a premium cost of $602 per year.   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

bdaws

Called Progressive today and there insurance rates seemed really reasonable. I'll try Allstate and Farmers in the next few days for some quotes. Just curious if anyone else on the forum has insurance through Boat/US and noticed there rates almost double in a year.