News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Black Friday coming

Started by StreamFixer, November 07, 2018, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

Hey guys

Black Friday coming up...  I am pretty sure Sea Dec is going to have the 50% sale again...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Mooch

Thanks for the reminder. 

Couple of questions in advance for those that have already installed:
1. Any chance folks can provide specific order specs/dims for 21' SR (or any other config for others interested)
2. How does it hold up to abuse, such as dog claws, fish guts/blood and cleaning products?

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

SB Steve

I am hoping you guys will pass on any Black Friday deals you see come up over the next couple weeks.  I have a few items I would not mind picking up before the end of the year. :beerchug:

StreamFixer

My Sea Dec has held up well and absorbs dirt color very well.  Unless you are never going to step into the boat from anywhere except a clean dock with clean shoes, nor allowing a fish to bleed in the boat, I suggest you get muddy brown...

Damned tough stuff too...  I would not worry about dog claws.

Quieted the boat considerably and provides wonderful traction.   I would not hesitate to install again.

For those looking to install, please remember the floor patterns on the left side of the boat are different dimensions than the right side, ---- or so I have heard    :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Redhawk

$225 sure sounds a lot better than $450. Fingers crossed!
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

BestBoats

Quote from: StreamFixer on November 08, 2018, 08:54:43 AM
My Sea Dec has held up well and absorbs dirt color very well.  Unless you are never going to step into the boat from anywhere except a clean dock with clean shoes, nor allowing a fish to bleed in the boat, I suggest you get muddy brown...

Damned tough stuff too...  I would not worry about dog claws.

Quieted the boat considerably and provides wonderful traction.   I would not hesitate to install again.

For those looking to install, please remember the floor patterns on the left side of the boat are different dimensions than the right side, ---- or so I have heard    :whistle:

StreamFixer

X2...2 big sheets will do a 21ht plus the gunnels. Two fishing seasons in and it is holding up great!  I will be ordering more on Black Friday to complete my walk around.
2007 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop "THE A-TEAM"
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

beancounter

Hey Russ if you get notice of this Sea Dek sale would you be so kind to post it up. Unless of course you are too busy washing your hair.

First Cabin

When this stuff wears out or gets so dirty that you want to replace it, how difficult will it be to remove?

Have any corners started lifting? 
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

StreamFixer

1st Cabin:  I'll let you know if a few years...

Jimmie:  I sent a inquiry to Sea Dek and will let you know what I hear back

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

BestBoats

Quote from: First Cabin on November 16, 2018, 04:13:35 PM
When this stuff wears out or gets so dirty that you want to replace it, how difficult will it be to remove?

Have any corners started lifting?

They show a video of replacement and it doesn't look too bad. Based on three years of hard use I don't think it will wear out soon. No lifting pealing or problems.
2007 21' Sea Ranger Hardtop "THE A-TEAM"
150 Evinrude Etec
9.9 Susuki EFI

StreamFixer

SeaDek says:

Thank you for inquiring about our Black Friday Sale. Our sale will be from November 23rd-26th. Everything will be 50% besides our Dek Magic and our new Dek Decals. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

The SeaDek Customer Advocate Team
5440 Schenck Ave
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 Phone
321-632-7019 Fax
www.seadek.com

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

GregE

So, it's on like Donkey Kong

I got chewed out for not telling Bandaid about this last year
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Fishin Machine

I was speaking to my local Seadek rep, he quoted me $1800.00 to $2,200.00 installed. Is this guy trying to chear me?

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Holoholo808

Quote from: Fishin Machine on November 19, 2018, 09:05:47 PM
I was speaking to my local Seadek rep, he quoted me $1800.00 to $2,200.00 installed. Is this guy trying to chear me?

FM

If the sheets are around $150/each and half off you're looking at $300 in materials for something up the a 21SR.

Call it 3 sheets and $450 if it's your first install and you want to have a lot of leeway.

That's over $1000 in installation and if he's a rep he should be able to do it way faster than a weekend warrior. Even at $50/hr that's 20 hours of working on only your boat alone; members who've done the install is that fair for prep/layout/application?

Maybe he's being very very conservative or maybe his labor rates are way higher but with the upcoming sale I'd say buy the material yourself and take a shot at it.

Worst case you can buy a couple cases of beer and have an install party with some members nearby :)
For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

I have a 36" straight edge (a 4' level will work just as well).

I measured the boat deck hatched/tread areas as that is what I decided to cover. Unfortunately, I only measured one side.  They are different so be sure to measure both sides of the deck you want to cover, sketch a pattern and dimensioned as I progressed.  That took about an hour because I am older now and have learned to measure things several times.  To measure and sketch both sides I would figure 1.5 hrs.

Unpacked the material and left in the rec-room for a few days to acclimate and begin to un-curl.  That was the biggest PITA for the whole job.

While that was gong on, I created a 'negative' sketch of the deck.  Think this through guys, because you will be marking on the back of the material - reversing all the measurements...  Then transfer those sketches to see how they would fit on a sheet.  Take your time doing this.  I found a 30 mm cannon 'shot glass' to be very helpful in this process.  Took a couple of nights sort of watching TV, sketching, thinking to accomplish this task.  Figure another 3/4 hour.

I used a felt tip pen to mark it out.  I had help here to ensure the material was flat and Bald Greg is a good fishing friend.  I then used the straight edge and a utility knife to cut the material.  The 30mm  cannon shot glass was put back into service as a nice cutting template for the corners.

It's not difficult to cut.  Just be sure to have cardboard or plywood under it to ensure you don't cut the floor.  Took us about an hour.

Then wait patiently for a couple of good 60 degree days.  In the mean time, work over the deck really well with acetone to make sure there are no greasy or oily spots.  There is another hour.

Ahhh!!!  Warm(ish) days...  60+ degrees   :party:  Off to the shop.  The material went down easily following the install instructions from SeaDek..  Lay the material out, generously tape one side down then peel the backing off as you stick down the material.  It will come back up to adjust, not easy to do, if you have not pressed it down well.  Try to avoid doing this.   Working from the taped edge pull the backing, pressing the material to the deck as you go...  Make sure you don't leave any bubbles under the material.  Just like putting a sticker on your windshield.  Figure a couple hours and I recommend you have help, especially with the larger pieces...

Now comes likely the most important part...  Go find the 30 mm device earlier described, and a camera.  Use the 30 mm device and camera, take picture and post so we can see how you did.   :clap:  :beerchug:

An amateur should be able to easily accomplish this project in about 8 man hours.  An experienced person, about half that time. I would charge around $75 to $100 per hour to perform this work.  Figure 3 times an employee's salary plus materials at full price.  A good, experienced employee will run at least $25/hour...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

DevMah

Quote from: StreamFixer on November 19, 2018, 11:31:02 AM
SeaDek says:

Thank you for inquiring about our Black Friday Sale. Our sale will be from November 23rd-26th. Everything will be 50% besides our Dek Magic and our new Dek Decals. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

The SeaDek Customer Advocate Team
5440 Schenck Ave
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 Phone
321-632-7019 Fax
www.seadek.com

StreamFixer

http://www.seadek.com/blog/seadek-black-friday-sale/
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

ohmytodd

I'm curious about that West Marine sale. I'm going to have to stock up on upgraded PFD's for getting out in the salt for rockfish and halibut (I'm not considering running for tuna anytime soon). What type do you guys carry/wear?

I have a handful of inshore inflatables already for river fishing, but I never had more than 3 of us on board at a time. I need to pick up 3-4 more and would like them to be able to cover under multiple circumstances.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Red 22

Quote from: ohmytodd on November 22, 2018, 06:29:51 PM
I'm curious about that West Marine sale. I'm going to have to stock up on upgraded PFD's for getting out in the salt for rockfish and halibut (I'm not considering running for tuna anytime soon). What type do you guys carry/wear?

I Just bought another offshore automatic with the harness. My thinking is that attaching a line to a harness could be an aid in helping someone up and over the freeboard. Since the price is the same why not.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

DevMah

I have a handful of inshore inflatables already for river fishing, but I never had more than 3 of us on board at a time. I need to pick up 3-4 more and would like them to be able to cover under multiple circumstances.

https://www.westmarine.com/sale
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Old No7

Finally!!!

I got some SeaDek on order!!

First I had to wait 8 months for the sale -- and now I will have to wait about 6 more months to get warm enough to do the install...
But I saved some $$ by waiting.  :dance:

I went with the "Cool Gray" color in the "Brushed" finish, and will shamelessly post this image borrowed from BruceL2_Fish who added SeaDek to his Sea Ranger 19 back in March:

It's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooong cold winter...

Old No7

"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

Holoholo808

Offshore manual with harness. We get wet sometimes and I've heard of automatics accidentally inflating. That said the automatics are inherently safer in case you lose consciousness and fall overboard.
For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

ohmytodd

Thanks Holo! I picked up 2 of the offshore autos with harness, so I'll run those for the season and see how it goes. It doesn't look like they have any of the manual inflatables on sale, so no rush.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

croaker stroker

Link is the 94sv. (Side, down and traditional.) great price! Jump on it.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸