News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Remounting kicker bracket?

Started by HntnFsh, September 17, 2018, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HntnFsh

I took the kicker bracket off my SR19 HT so I could clean it up and paint it. Looking for advice on what I should use to remount the bracket? Just some never seize on the bolts?
Thanks,
HntnFsh
2005 Sea Ranger 19HT
2018 Suzuki DF140

Rokefin

HntnfFsh

I believe your bolts go thru sponson wall?  Mine did on my 17 Chaser.

I would use SST bolts and seal the holes and mounting face with either 3M 4200 or 5200 sealer.  The 3M 4200 is made so you could possibly remove the kicker mount again in the future, the 3M 5200 is more of a permanent sealer although your mount could be removed with the 5200 although it will be more work.

I would use some SST back plates on the inside of the sponson, the wall is pretty stout but I always felt better backing up the nuts with a back plate of some sort.

HntnFsh

Mine has the threaded inserts so I just removed the 4 bolts. I should have paid more attention, but I think I remember a little bit of what I'm assuming was 4200
2005 Sea Ranger 19HT
2018 Suzuki DF140

Rokefin

Ok yes I do believe the factory installs had inserts - I have only dealt with an aftermarket bracket.

Just make sure to seal with 4200 or equivalent.

Chief of the Boat

This custom made stainless nut plate is epoxied in before the liner is installed.

Markshoreline

Great pic!  Also shows the preinstalled tie down U bolt.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Doozer

I have a question I would like to add to this topic. I have a '84 sea explorer and my tie down unbolt are coming loose and I can't see any way of access them to tighten them up. Was there a Linner applies over the nuts for the unbolt?