News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

19 SR HT boat cover

Started by mariner, September 10, 2018, 03:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariner

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced boat cober for my 19SR HT without breaking the bank?
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker

Salmon Hobo

I got a giant tarp at a hardware store that fits my 19 HT nicely. It is green one side and silver the other...so reflective if I tarp in spring or summer for sun. then just bungee cords and some rope tied down nicely. Maybe that will work for you?

mariner

you got a picture of what it looks like and how and where you tied off the ends?  What's the size of the tarp?  Any issues with water pooling in spots and creating a huge mass of water that can't drain and just grows until you do something about it?

Salmon Hobo

No water pooling at all..the hardtop creates a nice high points..then tie off across bow and hitch area..then tarp hangs down sides and I bungee to wheels and then over back into drain well/ over rear engine if I recall. Stays really dry. I put some dry-z things inside. Also open up on sunny days when a chance. Just do some measurements and I am sure you can find a big tarp that will work. Mine is thick..not like those cheap blue ones.  maybe at Canadian tire store?

La-Z-Buoy

This was discussed earlier this year. Found a workable cover at Cabela's. Pictures included........

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=15512.msg184195#msg184195
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Tj805

I called the factory and they said call Westland covers .
Ordered one form them and could not be happier
Works and fits perfect
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

mariner

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: Tj805 on September 12, 2018, 08:50:01 PM
I called the factory and they said call Westland covers .
Ordered one form them and could not be happier
Works and fits perfect

He's looking for one for a hardtop. No one offers a line of hardtop covers. Custom canvas shops will make one but will not be inexpensive.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT

mariner

Lazybuoy,  The cabelas cover actually looks not too bad on your 19SRHT.  Reasonable pricepoint.  It has sufficient coverage and is better than a tarp.  I just ordered online from cabelas and should arrive in a few days.  Thanks for the advice. 

Question, do you have anything propping up the section between the hardtop and the transom to prevent water from pooling or does tying up the straps that go to the sides and transom tightly create enough of a slope to prevent water from pooling in that area.

La-Z-Buoy

Just get the straps tight and you're good to go. You may get a little accumulation up front.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT