News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Seattle City Light "cost overruns"

Started by Zarn, July 11, 2018, 04:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarn

If you did not tune into the lars larson show today you might want to check it out around the 2pm time slot. There was a guest who spoke directly to the 188 MILLION in cost over runs SCL has accumulated and how that relates to protecting salmon over the past decade. If I had to live though that level of BS I am sure I would become quite "reactive". Any wonder why you power bills are going up 30% you might find the answer on the LL show. As for a solution... well unfortunately you get what you voted for....
SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

Markshoreline

In the late 70's I was in graduate school and lived in an apartment on Capitol Hill.  City light billed $7.00 every other month.  $3.50 a month seemed very fair!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Zarn

Once I had a brew someplace in Queen Ann... some 45 years ago.
SOLD... 87'SR, Blue Stripe/Top & ETEC 90, Honda 8, Arima owner... 11 years. Gonna miss her but I'll still be around here.

Remember....when attacked by a clown posse always go for the juggler first.

sfever

All I know is that the more they say to "save" the more it costs you. The utilities have fixed costs and it doesn't matter what they are selling like water/electricity/sewer so the less people use the more per unit it costs you. We often joke that if everyone used more utilities it would actually cost less per unit and be cheaper for everyone. In Seattle that would mean if everyone actually watered their lawn it may cost less like other locations since the volume would help cover their outrageous fixed costs.

diodon

2007 21 Sea Explorer.   2007 Suzuki DF140.        2011 Honda 9.9