News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bluefin are thick down here

Started by Ssericz, June 24, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssericz

Yesterday got into the zone after a 3 hour push thru less than stellar conditions with our charter guys chompin at the bit and getting hyped the whole way

Put up the kite and drop back the flyer... 45 seconds after its set proper ZZZZZZ we come tight drags peeling at 28lbs at strike, we know it's the right kind. Fish come up all around us puddling as we man handle this fish straight to the boat. I was worried a couple times it came off Bc the guys are just gaining too much line too quickly and the seeker 63xxxxh bent butt rod isn't loading up. After 3 minuets of these guys straight winding the 500+ yards of line in we see it and I sink the gaff into it. 50-60lb bluefin. No wonder they straight wound it in haha.

We proceeded to have 50+ blow ups over the next 7 hours for 3 drag downs but kite never popped the clip
:(

Few 200+ Lb fish came up and blew up on the yummy but didn't commit or connect it was a fun day though

Look at this bison!

Big boys were out there

First Cabin

OMG.. Things that would make me move to CA....

:clap: :food: :clap:
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Fisherdv

That's awesome! I bet there were a lot of sore arms on the way in.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Ko Ho

2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's