News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Halibut Season Rookie Year

Started by Sugar_Magnolia, June 24, 2018, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugar_Magnolia

My goal this year has been to run my 21' skip a lot more than last year out of Newport, taking along a friend who has years of ocean experience. We have fished a couple of the seasons (3 guys on the boat, 4 days total) for 9 halibut. None of them are very big (a range of 33"- 44") but it is very nice to have some in the freezer, and man are they great eating.      The boat has handled a couple of really snotty days very well and I fall in love with it more every outing. We were 30 miles out last Thursday and burned a total of 18 gallons of fuel. Here are the pictures less the 33" one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 21' Arima Skip Tower 140 HP Suzuki

Chief of the Boat

Impressive!  Thanks for sharing :smile1:

GregE

I've never launched along the Orygun coast but Newport is on my short list of wanna dos. 

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait