News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Break-in and testing today

Started by davidsea, May 23, 2018, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsea

I spent the day on Lake Washington today doing the break-in and testing on the SeaRanger 19 hardtop (1996) that I've been working on since January.  A few small glitches, but nearly everything worked well.  I have replaced everything electrical except the nav lights, everything in the fuel system except the tank, added hydraulic steering and new controls, and bought a new Honda 115 at the boat show.  Given the weight of the boat - it has the full hardtop plus the all-glass factory aft bulkhead - I was really happy with the performance.  I had about 30 gallons of fuel aboard, all the normal safety gear, porta-potty, refrigerator, and 2) Group27 batteries aft.
Prop was nothing special - Honda aluminum 3-blade, 14.8 X 17 with minimal cup.  These are the GPS numbers:  4000 rpm - 25.5 mph, 4500 - 30.1, 5000 - 34.0, 5800 - 38.7,  and finally (WAY overtrimmed and letting the prop slip a bit)  6000 - 40.3   Not bad for 115HP.
  I also found - by luck - a good location for a glue-in transducer puck.  Mounted it about 4" outboard and slightly forward of the factory bilge pump mounting pad, and it was reading consistently below 200 ft. at 30+ mph.  Good day on the water!
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Fisherdv

Sounds like you've got it dialed in. Those are some impressive numbers  :applause:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

croaker stroker

That's a winner. Nothing better than a day on the water with no mechanical/electrical gremlins.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Mooch

Congrats on getting her wet.  Nice detailed report too.  I find it nteresting that my last numbers with a 150 on a 21' are basically identical to yours.  Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.   :clap:
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

BK1983

Congrats on a successful run!! Do you have a kicker or trim tabs? I have the same boat and would love to get a 115 at some point. I love my hondas!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
1999 Sea Ranger 19 HT,  2019 BF 115

Ko Ho

Wow! 40 mph? Must be a thrill to go that fast in an Arima. But be sure to read Dhil12's "Interesting day" post from 3 days ago...
2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's

rasslingref

Very nice, and a fun day on the water.  Congratulations
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA