News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fabbed a tower

Started by Nineball, May 14, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nineball

Had to rush and get it fishable for neah bay.  I got the look I was after, but it is my first attempt using the bender and a spool gun.  It holds the things I need and worked very well.  I messed up on the angle of the front feet.   Have no clue how it happened and decided to push on.  And pay no attention to the 5200 around the base of the window  :jester:

No Hali though.  Friday was a rough day at the dump and we left quite a bit of gear in DJ's locker :whistle: Sunday I went out on another boat with a solid plan to anchor but we got lines in the water just at the tail end of the bite said another boat fishing nearby.

Got to meet Nicole and HemiGTX so that was cool.
Parker 2310, 225suzi, 9.9HT

Nineball

Here's more pics

Marine40

Very nice job. It must be nice to do your own work.

Darren
Have -15' Hunter, Had - 2 each 17' Rangers, Had - 1 each 17 Skip Chaser, Had - 1 each 19' Skip Chaser, Have - 21' Skip Ranger.

Flying Arima

Very nice, that looks great  I like the design.
James

2015 19ft sea chaser / REEL TYME
2015 yamaha 115

GregE

Wow, multiple bends too.  You must have measured 20 times 

And a bigger wow on that shop!!
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Nineball

Yeah,  I had to scrap the first rear hoop.  :doh: Of course the second time went a little smoother.  I was trying for more angle/height on that crown but it wasn't meant to be.  The learning curve for aluminum using the spoolgun was steep.  Ended up getting best results using a preheat from a small map gas torch. I also had a rear curtain made up to match.  Didn't use it though.

Rokefin

Tower looks really stout - excellent job!

uh the window seal job looks like something I would have done if I were rushed :doh:  I usually try to match the color or use clear so the imperfections don't stand out....

DevMah

Nice work looks great.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

BruceL2_Fish

Great job, looks awesome!
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Mooch

Well done and under deadline too.  :impressed:
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Wiley

Very niiiice.. I think GregE has shop envy.. two arimas in there and he notices the hard wood floors  :shrug9:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

AJFishin

Nice design and it looks really good  :applause: just don't let Yat see the 5200 around the base of the window :hoboy: :jester:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Fisherdv

You got that right :jester: Painters tape is your friend. 5200 comes in black too. Although Yat would have used  Life seal :jester:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Nineball

Sounds like round2 might employ some 5200 in black,  painters tape,  and a fairing tool :biggrin:

Yachter Yat

OH MY GOD!........I just saw it!  :hoboy:   That caulking wouldn't have looked so bad, but I just had my cataract surgery Monday........and I made the mistake of looking with my "good eye".   :doh:   :jester:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

And the million dollar question......how are you going to remove that white 5200 :shrug9: :bigshock: :anyone:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

DevMah

Quote from: Fisherdv on May 16, 2018, 09:04:17 PM
And the million dollar question......how are you going to remove that white 5200 :shrug9: :bigshock: :anyone:

5200 comes off easy with some goo gone and a scraper.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

HemiGTX

Love the design of the arch!  I think we were fishing near each other on Fri?  I'm pretty certain I saw that arch on the water. 

Great to meet you, too.  I'll be moored in the same spot the next two weekends.  Drop by if you're out there.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Mooch

Quote from: Yachter Yat on May 16, 2018, 11:30:19 AM
........and I made the mistake of looking with my "good eye".   :doh:   :jester:

Yat

Hoist ye mizzens and don't spit in ye windwards.  Landlubbers to the larboard and all swabs to the poop deck.  Shiver me timbers, 5200'ers will walk the plank for not using LifeSeal!  Arghh.

Yat, which lenses did you get and when is your other eye scheduled?  It may be a challenge until both are done, especially working on your phone or computer.  Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Yachter Yat

:jester:  Thanks for that, Mooch.   They used an Alcon "Acry sof" 23.5 D lens in my left eye.  Unbelievable difference.  Yeah...my right eye now doesn't get along with my left, but I can see much, much better both near and far.....even at this point.  No problem reading or using the computer. I have two more appointments before they'll set a date for the second.  They'll actually be doing the right eye for a bit more distance, but even at this point I can see way better at distance.  Close-up or watching TV is no problem. 

What a difference going through those dimly lit tunnels in Boston.  I can actually read the exit signs.....and no more glaring taillights.  What's really funny is blocking my left eye in the living room at night.  It looks like we're having a power "brownout".   :jester: 

Yat

Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

Sorry, Nineball.......don't mean to highjack your thread, but I just wanted to tell Mooch that one of the nurses down at Boston Medical Center took some film of me and some of my friends, in the recovery room, after my eye surgery.  It's here:   :jester:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWckOfARBE

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Bigfish1!

I'm always a big fan of do it yourselfers with way more skill than me, (you), but I really am not a big fan of most arches.  I have seen many of them crack and fail at the welds or crack the hull where they are mounted.  I really do appreciate the work you put into it but am concerned with the design.  That is a pretty high arch with a very small foot print.  I have seen arches develop a vibration all their own and either crack in several places or wrack out of square.  Hope yours lasts 20 years and you have enough rods to fill all of those rocket launchers!

Nineball

Ha, hijack away Yat no prob.  A heat gun and a flat wooden paint stir stick will make quick work of removing 5200.  I use the wooden stir stick for a scraper to track the amount of heat being applied.

I will keep a good eye on the structure for sure.  The good news is that I can always add stiffeners,  and I have plenty of epoxy resin and glass left over too.  I sure hope I never need to go that route though. I am 6'1" and the top was made so that it barely clears with me standing at the helm.  I kept that arch tight against the top to: 1) minimize the moment and CG, and 2) allow full use of the walk-around.  That thing comes in handy as a grab rail for sure.  I hung upside down off of it already already for no good reason other than to curb some enthusiasm after it was ready to make the trip to neah.

Cheers fellas

Markshoreline

Sounds like a great design and execution, but if there is a need to redo you're the man!  Nice job, btw.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9