News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Alternative to Lenco ?

Started by davidsea, May 08, 2018, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsea

Has anyone had experience with Bennett Bolt electric tabs?  They are substantially cheaper than Lenco, both for the tabs and the LED switch/indicator combo.   Tempting, but I hate to buy junk.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Rokefin

No experience but Bennett is a very good brand and their customer service is top notch - I would give them a call, they would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

SB Steve

Quote from: Rokefin on May 08, 2018, 07:21:00 AM
No experience but Bennett is a very good brand and their customer service is top notch - I would give them a call, they would be happy to answer any of your questions.
I will concur with that. I called them last week with a couple questions, and they were super helpful over the phone.

Diablo

I've had Bennett's hydrolics on both my Arimas and have had no problems.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

Threeweight

Another option to consider are Lectrotabs... a little more industrial option designed for bigger boats, but the 12x12" should work.  Not sure how they compare on price.

http://www.lectrotab.com/

They were standard equipment on my Hewes, and so far they have been awesome.  Some of their switches (including that auto switch that can adjust your tabs automatically to maintain bow angle and trim) are compatible with Bennett and Lencos.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

headduck

I have been interested in the bennet bolts...they claim to have improved upon the lenco design and seem to be priced to be more than competitive...been selfishly waiting for somebody to put them through their paces...I too have heard good things about bennet service.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)