News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Dual voltmeter

Started by davidsea, May 09, 2018, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsea

One of the best (and cheapest) things I added when I rebuilt my dash panel was a dual voltmeter.  It shows main and aux battery voltages separately, on blue LED digital displays.  Small, mounts in a 1 1/8" round hole, and is a simple 3-wire hook up. 'Main' voltage comes from the engine wiring harness at the hot side of the ignition switch, 'Aux' voltage from the fuse panel behind the dash, plus a single ground.  If you don't want a continuous display, put an on-off switch in the ground wire.  Seeing the voltages from both batteries side-by-side tells a lot:  Both voltages going up and down exactly together? You probably left the selector switch in 'both'.  One battery not going up while running?  Selector in A or B only - or bad Add-a battery relay.  One battery substantially lower after sitting for a week or so?  Parasitic draw somewhere, or weak battery.    All of this for $13.29 with free shipping.
   eBay: MICTUNING DC 10-60V DUAL VOLTMETER LED DIGITAL
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9