News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of ARIMA boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Spoiled myself

Started by Mile2885, May 08, 2018, 06:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mile2885

Well, this was about the most convenient launch ever!  Think I may be hooked. Only problem was the lift was broken right when we showed up but luckily they were able to get it going again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Redhawk

I haven't seen any of those small slings in Port Townsend. Are they uncommon? How long (minus the time to fix the sling) did it take to launch?
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

Mile2885

Once it was up and running less than 15 minutes. Trailer is set up for slings. This was in Anacortes. Trying something different this year. You do need to call well ahead of time to launch though.

Rokefin

How much do they charge?  I have paid anywhere from 15 to 40 bucks for tractor service launching (Shelter Cove, Lawson's Tamales).

There are some you-tube clips of mishaps with the crane launching :facepalm:

GregE

Where is that?   :shrug9:  I don't see a reference 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak II
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Mile2885

Skyline Marina in Anacortes.

AJFishin

I have a hoist near me and it's a great way to load and unload the boat, cost me $18 because of the boat being 15'11" :biggrin:. But when my boat started heading over the water, a little bit of anxiety kicked in after thinking of the mishaps I've seen on YouTube :facepalm:.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Markshoreline

I used the sling at Edmonds Marina for years until moving to Whidbey.  Only disadvantage is the wait time, especially during peak fishing days.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

ATGEP

You want to REALLY spoil yourself, use the Valet service at skyline. They guys there are great. I used them last summer and have nothing but good to say.

Mile2885

We are doing Valet. Just called them again because I forgot to have them fill it up. Nice walking away and not dealing with the boat.

Fisherdv

Do they flush the motor and wash the boat too? :biggrin:
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Peddler

I sure miss the slings at DesMoines. I modified the trailer for my last boat so I could use the slings when I still lived in Federal Way. I bought a 10-launch prepaid card, used it once, then the city announced their plan to remove the slings and reconfigure the marina to cater to the "Yacht" crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'