Author Topic: Factory tour of Arima and defiance  (Read 624 times)

Offline Woodturner

Factory tour of Arima and defiance
« on: April 30, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
As a prospective buyer we made a trip to WA for a first hand view of the building process. I saw whith my own eyes the care, cleanliness and skill put into both brands and have no concerns with the quality or longevity of the boats. At this point my wife and I are just trying to pick out the perfect layout and model ... Not to mention the financial aspect of it . :fishing:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:44:37 PM by Woodturner »

Offline Markshoreline

Re: Factory tour of Arima and defiance
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:46:49 PM »
Arima has an excellent build quality!
I recommend buying the largest one you can so that you can avoid 2footitis and taking a bath with the upgrade later!  Used boats are much less expensive especially on the East coast, and repowering even leaves a big savings.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Offline Woodturner

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »
I noticed that the prices are a fair amount less back east .. was wondering why and if it would infact be worth the drive for the right boat. I started out wanting the sea Legend but after stepping in one in a Marina berth I felt the boat listed to one side t much for my taste with two of use. I think it is due to the self balling deck and the water line being so for below the deck. That's all I can figure . So the toss up is between a Sea Explorer or a 25 foot C Dory. But we are shooting hard for the explorer.

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:12:45 PM »
It is cheaper to pay a hauler $3000 to pull the boat here for you, unless you are retired and have a rig and like to travel.  But then you need to consider your travel costs 2 ways with fuel, lodging, food and etc.
Several guys here have hired haulers and may be able to provide advice, or you can find a hauler online.
Check out the 21, which is a very different boat than the 22 and see what you think.

Offline Croaker Stroker

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »

Make sure they have DOT license and insurance.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"If a fish will, he will… if he won't, he won't… and that's about it… except… he may take this when he won't take that."

Offline Markshoreline

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:02:49 PM »
Good point- make sure they are a qualified hauler as there are guys with trucks that have no insurance or assurance that you will receive the boat!

Offline xplorz

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Fly back east, buy the boat, buy a $2000 craigslist pickup, drive home, sell pickup for $2000. There was a guy on bloody decks that did that every year in the spring, fishing the boat all season and then selling for a large profit. Next year....same thing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.