News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

EZ Steer Installation

Started by Sugar_Magnolia, April 21, 2018, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugar_Magnolia

This is on a 140 HP Suzuki main to a 9.9 EFI Suzuki kicker. A couple of things to remember if you install this or something similar. You will have to bend the brackets a lot to get the correct fit. The full thread stainless bolts on the main bracket came with  nylock nuts and no anti- seize. I sell this type of stuff and know you should use anti- seize with nylocks. I was in a hurry to get it done (opening day is tomorrow and didn't have any) so went for it. Galled bad and was unable to tighten or loosen so had to break them off. Other than that really like the installation. Tried it outside and seems to work really well. We'll see how it does tomorrow. These pictures are before I cut about 10" of the hose clamp band off. Use a drill with a 5/16" nut driver to speed tightening these up. I think I will really like this.
2015 21' Arima Skip Tower 140 HP Suzuki